The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Voonex Voonex is offline
Registered User
Voonex's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 13
POST ID # = 729919
Voonex Reputation: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I, along with several other people, am funneling HUGE amounts of customer feedback into the appropriate places.
Thank you.


1 members found this post helpful.
  #62  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Schwartz Schwartz is offline
Registered User
Schwartz's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 729923
Schwartz Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I, along with several other people, am funneling HUGE amounts of customer feedback into the appropriate places.
This new logo will put Corsair near the bottom of the list when it comes to products that I am considering when making a purchase. It is just that bad to me.

My new K70 RGB has the original logo and I was considering a new Corsair mouse to go with it. I bought a Logitech Proteus core instead. I can deal with the G better than I can the Corsair tramp stamp.

Send that up, the new logo caused your competitor to get my money in this case.


4 members found this post helpful.
  #63  
Old 09-24-2014, 03:11 PM
tracomaster tracomaster is offline
Registered User
tracomaster's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 729927
tracomaster Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
This new logo will put Corsair near the bottom of the list when it comes to products that I am considering when making a purchase. It is just that bad to me.

My new K70 RGB has the original logo and I was considering a new Corsair mouse to go with it. I bought a Logitech Proteus core instead. I can deal with the G better than I can the Corsair tramp stamp.

Send that up, the new logo caused your competitor to get my money in this case.
I bet this is not the only case. Many people bought a razer kb because of this...


4 members found this post helpful.
  #64  
Old 09-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Yuhfhrh Yuhfhrh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 729934
Yuhfhrh Reputation: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I, along with several other people, am funneling HUGE amounts of customer feedback into the appropriate places.
Thank you.


1 members found this post helpful.
  #65  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Spud387 Spud387 is offline
Registered User
Spud387's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 729949
Spud387 Reputation: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I feel the need to add a clarification. I DID NOT say customers are insignificant. Please read carefully if you are going to comment on my statements.

The fact remains however, we are NOT going to make a knee jerk decision, very likely a $$$ "7 figure" $$$ decision based on 36-48 hrs of feedback from the net. It would be ludicrous to do so. Corsair Gaming is moving ahead, as planned. Logo and all.

This statement does NOT mean that we are ignoring the number of people that are unhappy with the change. We are very aware of the websites, forums, and social media outlets that have discussions going on about Corsair Gaming.

Going forward with Corsair Gaming does not mean that there are not options for the future that can be considered. Just because Corsair gaming moves ahead, that does not mean that we cannot or will not explore options for the unhappy masses. But, we can't institute a change or a new plan overnight.
I don't think most people here are expecting corsair to all of a sudden stop what their doing and cancel the Corsair Gaming brand. Yes, after a 7-figure investment that's be ludicrous to do after 48hrs of feedback.

What I think many are hoping for is that all of this uproar and feedback from users, blogs & even product reviewers will go to the proper channels so the Gaming brand can be re-evalutated going forward.

Is there a place for a Corsair Gaming division? Sure, I understand you want to market as gaming to attract different demographics, but you lost the style and premium looks that the old corsair logo gave. Personally I think the logo design is atrocious. Look at RAZER; do they have their logo followed by RAZER GAMING next to it? No, they just have their logo and let it speak for itself. Why? because it is a good, unique and well designed logo.

my $.2 from a huge Corsair fan/customer.


5 members found this post helpful.
  #66  
Old 09-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Revengencer Alf Revengencer Alf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 35
POST ID # = 729966
Revengencer Alf Reputation: 11
Default

I WAS a huge corsair fan and customer. I'm... not now. And this extends beyond just the "corsair gaming" line of peripherals. It goes to their products that they didn't touch with this as well. The reason is simple...

Any company that lacks foresight this badly, that is able to not only fall for a stupid trend like this but to completely fail at coming up with the design once in this trend... It displays a serious lack of judgement. I can't trust them to maintain the quality and direction in their other product lines if they're willing to compromise themselves this badly, with such a blatantly poor choice in a major segment of their business.

The PSU, memory, SSD, and Headset all used on my current PC are corsair products. They will all be the last, unless some reversal is seen here. I've got nothing against the idea of a rebrand, but this particular rebrand is just awful. If they can't admit that they screwed up, and back away from a logo I'd be embarrassed for someone to walk into my house and see, the replacements for all those components, as well as the new keyboard I desperately need, will all be coming from somewhere else, a company that hasn't embarrassed themselves so badly. I think Corsair knows who's on that list without me having to name them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I feel the need to add a clarification. I DID NOT say customers are insignificant. Please read carefully if you are going to comment on my statements.

The fact remains however, we are NOT going to make a knee jerk decision, very likely a $$$ "7 figure" $$$ decision based on 36-48 hrs of feedback from the net. It would be ludicrous to do so. Corsair Gaming is moving ahead, as planned. Logo and all.

This statement does NOT mean that we are ignoring the number of people that are unhappy with the change. We are very aware of the websites, forums, and social media outlets that have discussions going on about Corsair Gaming.

Going forward with Corsair Gaming does not mean that there are not options for the future that can be considered. Just because Corsair gaming moves ahead, that does not mean that we cannot or will not explore options for the unhappy masses. But, we can't institute a change or a new plan overnight.
Translation: We are goiing to ignore you, but we're going to tell you that we're not ignoring you despite the fact that we just told you that we're ignoring you. Sorry but I 've heard that line in marketing enough times to know exactly what it sounds and smells like.

Regarding "knee jerk reactions" and the fact that you've likely spent a "seven figure sum" on this. You made a stupid, knee-jerk decision when you made this transition, it clearly wasn't thought out. The idea of a rebranding might have been good one. The logo wasn't. Especially not the colors. 5 minutes of browsing gaming forums would tell you that people hate ugly clashing colors. They would obviously hate them even more on a keyboard where the whole point is being able to customize its colors. The money is a sunk cost. You already spent it. Maybe you spent it poorly, on a BAD marketing strategy, but that doesn't justify anything. The first thing they teach anyone learning about business on any level is that money spent is GONE, and sticking to a bad strategy becuase "we already sank money into it" when it's not going to work is how businesses die. The fate of corsair probably won't be so dramatic, but the point is, and it's a very valid point despite your likelihood of dismissing it, you already wasted the money. There's nothing you can do about that. It's just as wasted if you don't fix it as if you did. If I actually bought an RGB (I won't as long as this logo is plastered on it), I'd have been able to make light up in whatever color sequence I wanted, but that ugly yellow logo would still be there, unless I butchered my keyboard and removed it.

I may just be one consumer, but I've got about a week before I need to put in the keyboard order I've already held off on for a month waiting for an RGB brown K70, on the good faith that it would be as advertised and not... this. When that week passes, you guys lose about $160 from me on the keyboard. You also lose the SSD, PSU, and Memory I was going to buy for my next build. Some option to buy the keyboard without that logo is all it takes to keep me, and probably a lot of others like me. To be honest I'd probably even be able to convince myself to slap on a replacement nameplate/decal whatever it is i f you guys just added them to the products, or made them available for free to RGB owners. Even that small, relatively inexpensive (we're talking maybe $1 per keyboard, probably less) would go a long way to a lot of people to show that you are at least TRYING to fix such a glaring failure of judgement.

Last edited by Revengencer Alf; 09-24-2014 at 06:08 PM.


4 members found this post helpful.
  #67  
Old 09-24-2014, 06:24 PM
wytnyt's Avatar
wytnyt wytnyt is offline
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Posts: 8,108
POST ID # = 729973
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt
Default

to lose out on having top of the line products because of a logo is just totally mind blowing and to me functionality is hands down wayyyyyyyy more important than looks which in this case is one of the easiest mods that can be done.

too much emphasis on bling bling and not enough on learning how things work..,,, maybe this is why some have such a hard time with getting some products to work
__________________
My 4930k Air 540 Custom Loop Build Pics
http://s39.photobucket.com/user/wytn...?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by wytnyt; 09-24-2014 at 06:28 PM.


2 members found this post helpful.
  #68  
Old 09-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Yellowbeard's Avatar
Yellowbeard Yellowbeard is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Atlanta,GA, USA.
Posts: 11,531
POST ID # = 729976
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revengencer Alf View Post
Translation: We are goiing to ignore you, but we're going to tell you that we're not ignoring you despite the fact that we just told you that we're ignoring you. Sorry but I 've heard that line in marketing enough times to know exactly what it sounds and smells like.
This is incorrect as are several of the statements and conclusions you edited out of your post. In short, you are saying that we are lying to our customers here and around the net. That is simply not the case.


1 members found this post helpful.
  #69  
Old 09-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Dims Dims is offline
Registered User
Dims's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 143
POST ID # = 729980
Dims Reputation: 5
Default

A simple solution for this is to give customers options. Make the logos out of plastic that can be inserted into the top of the keyboard. Have both logo and a blank one be shipped with the keyboard and let end user decide which one they want to use if any.

I like the looks of the old logo. It was imbedded into the keyboard and not some cheesy looking sticker.


4 members found this post helpful.
  #70  
Old 09-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Revengencer Alf Revengencer Alf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 35
POST ID # = 729981
Revengencer Alf Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
This is incorrect as are several of the statements and conclusions you edited out of your post. In short, you are saying that we are lying to our customers here and around the net. That is simply not the case.
I actually edited nothing out of my post. I edited it once to add the quote and response, and once again to add in the sunk cost issue, which I'd forgotten to finish before because, well because I'm a crap typist and I get distracted. NOTHING was removed. I'm sure that it's not intentional, but the least you could do is be honest.

I've seen this song and dance dozens of times from companies, and perhaps less surprisingly, politicans. The tone is always the same "Yeah guys, we listen, we promise we listen, we're really going to take all of your advice to heart, except that we're not going to do anything about it, but just trust us, we're listening."

Honestly all this stubborn misdirection just validated my concerns even more, and I'm not even sure if it's worth waiting to see if you guys fix this disater in any way, because it's becoming more and more clear that you won't. Regardless of whether it's what you're trying to do or not, the impression you're creating here is that you're trying to stave off this problem long enough to hope it blows over.

Just know that regardless of whether or not it does, you've lost me as a loyal customer, not just in your peripherals, but in your entire line of products. I can't trust expensive hardware purchases to a company that shows such careless decision making and dismissive community response.


4 members found this post helpful.
  #71  
Old 09-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Yellowbeard's Avatar
Yellowbeard Yellowbeard is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Atlanta,GA, USA.
Posts: 11,531
POST ID # = 729984
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revengencer Alf View Post
Just know that regardless of whether or not it does, you've lost me as a loyal customer, not just in your peripherals, but in your entire line of products. I can't trust expensive hardware purchases to a company that shows such careless decision making and dismissive community response.
As I've stated in this and other threads, we genuinely hate to lose you as a customer. Corsair Gaming has been alive for less than 72 hrs. If you have made your decision based on what has happened in such a short period of time and you are comfortable with that decision, then best of luck to you with whatever brands you choose in the future.


1 members found this post helpful.
  #72  
Old 09-24-2014, 07:13 PM
milkcoma milkcoma is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 14
POST ID # = 729994
milkcoma Reputation: 10
Default

i been waiting for this keyboard for a while but im sorry the "tramp stamp" kills it for me.
From me you have at lost at least 2 more keyboard sales. i know i wont make or break your company. But i have bought tons of cases, motherboards, ram and headsets.

I mean the logo looks like its aimed at 12 year old girls. really a heart in the middle?

Did you guys really do any market research or testing on this "tramp stamp" logo?

Also my group of gaming friends 5+ agree with my statements i have posted.

Last edited by milkcoma; 09-24-2014 at 07:21 PM.


3 members found this post helpful.
  #73  
Old 09-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Dims Dims is offline
Registered User
Dims's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 143
POST ID # = 730006
Dims Reputation: 5
Default

This cracked me up about the new logo. Reddit /r/Corsair...




4 members found this post helpful.
  #74  
Old 09-24-2014, 08:09 PM
seph13 seph13 is offline
Registered User
seph13's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 37
POST ID # = 730020
seph13 Reputation: 10
Default

Corsair, please drop the "Gaming" line as soon as possible, delete it from your homepage TODAY and go back to being a PREMIUM brand. I'm sitting here with $170 burning a hole in my pocket until I can buy the K70 RGB keyboard with the traditional CORSAIR sails logo. If you want make a kiddy section or something where you can sell "special gaming edition" versions of your products with tramp stamps, flaming swords, unicorns, machine guns and whatever other nonsense the 12 year old segment is looking for.

You say that this is a minority but I see all your channels of communication being FLOODED with requests to go back to the old branding and logo. This might be a minority compared to the whole internet and people who buy PC components but you can bet your *** that this is your most loyal top dollar fan base speaking out. EVERY COMPANY THAT IGNORES THEIR HARDCORE FANBASE TO GO AFTER CASUAL MASS MARKET EVENTUALLY FALLS DOWN IN SALES. Look at Microsoft with their Xbone policy of weak hardware with cameras and gimmicks for the casual masses, all their hardcore fans begged them to change their strategy and for almost a year Microsoft ignored them and claimed to know better until it was too late. Now XBone is waay behind the Ps4 in sales, because Sony stuck with the wants of their fan base. Even Nintendo that got away with it for years is now paying the price.

Corsair is a much beloved brand that has rarely made mistakes, we're all ready to forgive you and pretend this never happened but now is the time to go into damage control. Sometimes a knee jerk correction is the right reaction.


4 members found this post helpful.
  #75  
Old 09-24-2014, 08:50 PM
fvbounty fvbounty is offline
Registered User
fvbounty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 216
POST ID # = 730041
fvbounty Reputation: 10
Default

Add me to the list, go back to the old logo, I've been using your products for years, in fact I have your 16 gb of your Dominator Platinum 1866C9 ram sitting on my desk for my new build along with a I7 4790K....the thing is I'm typing this on one of the frist K90 keyboards that came out....Might just wait for the Ducky to come out with the RGB Cherry blues later this year!


2 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.