The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #46  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Voonex Voonex is offline
Registered User
Voonex's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 13
POST ID # = 729845
Voonex Reputation: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
As I said in another thread -

Change.org is mostly responsible for bringing GTA5 to the PC this coming January through petitions so it does work.
I'm sure Rockstar was well aware of the PC market before any statement was made, although change.org was indeed very successful in raising even more hype for an already released game.

But that's unrelated. The rep on this thread has already stated that a petition will have no effect on this decision.

Last edited by Voonex; 09-24-2014 at 10:58 AM.


0 members found this post helpful.
  #47  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: EU
Posts: 440
POST ID # = 729847
Dicehunter Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voonex View Post
The rep on this thread has already stated that a petition will have no effect on this decision.
And that's what worries me, For a company who say "We listen to our customers" to say something like that is not a good sign :(


2 members found this post helpful.
  #48  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Yellowbeard's Avatar
Yellowbeard Yellowbeard is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Atlanta,GA, USA.
Posts: 11,531
POST ID # = 729849
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46
Default

I feel the need to add a clarification. I DID NOT say customers are insignificant. Please read carefully if you are going to comment on my statements.

The fact remains however, we are NOT going to make a knee jerk decision, very likely a $$$ "7 figure" $$$ decision based on 36-48 hrs of feedback from the net. It would be ludicrous to do so. Corsair Gaming is moving ahead, as planned. Logo and all.

This statement does NOT mean that we are ignoring the number of people that are unhappy with the change. We are very aware of the websites, forums, and social media outlets that have discussions going on about Corsair Gaming.

Going forward with Corsair Gaming does not mean that there are not options for the future that can be considered. Just because Corsair gaming moves ahead, that does not mean that we cannot or will not explore options for the unhappy masses. But, we can't institute a change or a new plan overnight.


0 members found this post helpful.
  #49  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:18 AM
musicequips musicequips is offline
Registered User
musicequips's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 275
POST ID # = 729851
musicequips Reputation: 31
Default

Well said.

Corsair Gaming is still a good marketing strategy.


0 members found this post helpful.
  #50  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: EU
Posts: 440
POST ID # = 729852
Dicehunter Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I feel the need to add a clarification. I DID NOT say customers are insignificant. Please read carefully if you are going to comment on my statements.

The fact remains however, we are NOT going to make a knee jerk decision, very likely a $$$ "7 figure" $$$ decision based on 36-48 hrs of feedback from the net. It would be ludicrous to do so. Corsair Gaming is moving ahead, as planned. Logo and all.

This statement does NOT mean that we are ignoring the number of people that are unhappy with the change. We are very aware of the websites, forums, and social media outlets that have discussions going on about Corsair Gaming.

Going forward with Corsair Gaming does not mean that there are not options for the future that can be considered. Just because Corsair gaming moves ahead, that does not mean that we cannot or will not explore options for the unhappy masses. But, we can't institute a change or a new plan overnight.
Appreciated but maybe you could kick your designers up the butt and tell them to come up with something that looks professional, Grown up and not so tacky.

Corsair Gaming as a brand can work well but the logo needs to be tweaked, A LOT.


3 members found this post helpful.
  #51  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Yellowbeard's Avatar
Yellowbeard Yellowbeard is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Atlanta,GA, USA.
Posts: 11,531
POST ID # = 729854
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Appreciated but maybe you could kick your designers up the butt and tell them to come up with something that looks professional, Grown up and not so tacky.

Corsair Gaming as a brand can work well but the logo needs to be tweaked, A LOT.
I am a lowly marketing person and I recently broke my kneecap in half. It is not possible for me to kick anyone at this time.


0 members found this post helpful.
  #52  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: EU
Posts: 440
POST ID # = 729855
Dicehunter Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I am a lowly marketing person and I recently broke my kneecap in half. It is not possible for me to kick anyone at this time.
Good one

Then hire someone to kick the design team and tell them "DO NOT WATCH CARTOONS FROM THE 90'S WHEN DESIGNING LOGOS"

Last edited by Dicehunter; 09-24-2014 at 11:29 AM.


  #53  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:07 PM
NemesisNG NemesisNG is offline
Registered User
NemesisNG's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 729878
NemesisNG Reputation: 10
Default

Found a quick easy fix for everyone who doesn't like the logo, see attachment.

It's a logo for God's sake, you either like the keyboard or you don't, but to not buy one because of a logo... Seriously.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ae235.jpg (5.3 KB, 408 views)


0 members found this post helpful.
  #54  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Muhad's Avatar
Muhad Muhad is offline
Registered User
Muhad's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 132
POST ID # = 729881
Muhad Reputation: 10
Default

The new Corsair 'Sails' logo in the tray is hard to see! I don't like it ... I like the way it was. It now looks like Steer horns. Just me 2¢.


  #55  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Voonex Voonex is offline
Registered User
Voonex's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 13
POST ID # = 729882
Voonex Reputation: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisNG View Post
Found a quick easy fix for everyone who doesn't like the logo, see attachment.

It's a logo for God's sake, you either like the keyboard or you don't, but to not buy one because of a logo... Seriously.
It's a $180 keyboard that will be on my desk for hopefully many years. I shouldn't have to put a piece of tape on it because of a stupid design decision.


5 members found this post helpful.
  #56  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Voonex Voonex is offline
Registered User
Voonex's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 13
POST ID # = 729883
Voonex Reputation: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I am a lowly marketing person and I recently broke my kneecap in half. It is not possible for me to kick anyone at this time.
Are you at least able to offer suggestions and feedback from the community to the design team? I would be very appreciative if you could push up the idea of selling a replacement logo to replace the new one with.


3 members found this post helpful.
  #57  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:38 PM
LeadFox LeadFox is offline
Registered User
LeadFox's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 729887
LeadFox Reputation: 20
Default

Preface: I am an avid PC gamer and huge fan of Corsair products. Most of my peripherals, and pretty much every part in my PC that can be made by Corsair, is a Corsair part. I created this account solely for this discussion because it would mean so much to complete my set up exactly how I want it.

I have been waiting for the new RGB line since I saw Linus' sneak peak video. I believe it would look perfect next to my M65 mouse (with original logo) and my Air 540 case (which also displays the original logo). The only thing I'm missing is that awesome keyboard. However, I cannot believe that it would look great with the new logo, as everything around it would display the old one. It would be out of place (never mind how tacky and Razer-like it looks). But if this new logo must be forced onto your future products, could we at least get the option of having the same products but with the old logo? Maybe even for just a limited time, for those of us who want them to match the rest of our Corsair products. Thank you.

Last edited by LeadFox; 09-24-2014 at 01:41 PM.


3 members found this post helpful.
  #58  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Yellowbeard's Avatar
Yellowbeard Yellowbeard is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Atlanta,GA, USA.
Posts: 11,531
POST ID # = 729912
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voonex View Post
Are you at least able to offer suggestions and feedback from the community to the design team? I would be very appreciative if you could push up the idea of selling a replacement logo to replace the new one with.
I, along with several other people, am funneling HUGE amounts of customer feedback into the appropriate places.


3 members found this post helpful.
  #59  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:12 PM
tracomaster tracomaster is offline
Registered User
tracomaster's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 10
POST ID # = 729913
tracomaster Reputation: 10
Default Why corsair :(

So I get everything you say and I kind of get your intention. What I think you don't get is
A: A TON of your customers are mature. They use your products because they are of high quality! They sometimes don't even game on it. The corsair logo bears a representation of quality, productivity and reliability. Slapping a cheap gaming logo on there ( http://imgur.com/V9hd6o1 ). Gaming products have the bad name of being cheap with fancy led's. Also, you just completely lost the mature, productive customer that does not game. They don't want this ugly *** bright yellow logo on their keyboard. Maybe a 14-year old kid would. But what kid has 200€ to spend on a keyboard?

B: Your point that there are 711 million pc gamers is completely irrelevant. First of all: his sources are not clear. Second of all: how many of those don't use pc as their main gaming device? Third: what part of the remaining customers knows corsair Fourth: How many of those like the new logo? Fifth: How many are willing to spend this quite big sum of money on a keyboard? Please for the love of yourself. Stop the bullcrap. Release the raptor lineup under this name. But not your high-end stuff.

I'm a huge fan of corsair and I love your stuff. I recommend to everyone that asks me about good keyboards. But this logo is a dealbreaker. Even Linus (one of your well-known buddies and arguably one of the best hardware reviewers on youtube) disproves of your logo.

If you want to be like ASUS' Republic of gamers, make it something like that. Make the gamers feel like an elite. Not a sideproduct. Call it Corsair Elite or something. And PLEASE involve the community more.

Thank you for reading!

Please sign the petition: https://www.change.org/p/corsair-com...d-corsair-logo


2 members found this post helpful.
  #60  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:15 PM
ChewyMint ChewyMint is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 729914
ChewyMint Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I feel the need to add a clarification. I DID NOT say customers are insignificant. Please read carefully if you are going to comment on my statements.

The fact remains however, we are NOT going to make a knee jerk decision, very likely a $$$ "7 figure" $$$ decision based on 36-48 hrs of feedback from the net. It would be ludicrous to do so. Corsair Gaming is moving ahead, as planned. Logo and all.

This statement does NOT mean that we are ignoring the number of people that are unhappy with the change. We are very aware of the websites, forums, and social media outlets that have discussions going on about Corsair Gaming.

Going forward with Corsair Gaming does not mean that there are not options for the future that can be considered. Just because Corsair gaming moves ahead, that does not mean that we cannot or will not explore options for the unhappy masses. But, we can't institute a change or a new plan overnight.
To be completely fair, I think the vast majority of the critique is just unhappiness with the logo, and this doesn't mean that people are necessarily against Corsair wanting to appeal to a wider audience.

It's not like anyone is demanding a complete rollback of Corsairs plans and already undertaken actions, and I think it is unfair of you to imply that.
Corsair is a company, and it's obviously important to them, not to throw money out of the window, but I honestly doubt that this "7 figure decision" that you speak of, was purely the decision of changing the Corsair logo
- If that is the case, that would just make this situation even more laughable, considering it looks like something a 12-year-old would come up with in half an hour - and 12-year-olds are considerably cheaper labour.

But again I believe you're being unfair that a rollback of a logo (or changing it to something slightly less awful) would mean rolling back your entire "7 figure decision". In the extension of that, It's also unfair to twist peoples words to sound like they're demanding that Corsair changes all of their plans for the future. This is not the case, but I suppose it's easier to defend the decisions by doing that.

Sure it's definitely going to cost a significant amount of money to change the logo back, but at the same time I am quite convinced that the ones who are upset about this decision are your core fans who really do care about Corsair as a brand - That's also why a lot of people react quite strongly, even though it's "just a logo".
I mean Corsair is known for their premium products of good quality, aimed at the real enthusiasts, and when you're paying for, say, a keyboard, half of the reason you decide to pay that little extra for the Corsair product simply is that the design is something special (which is something the new logo simple doesn't portray).

Personally I hope that Corsair will reconsider the change of logo, and not misinterpret peoples complains as a critique of the attempt to appeal to a broader audience - that's a natural thing for a company, but it's not natural to leave your core fans behind in that process.


4 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.