The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2014, 12:48 AM

POST ID # = 729747
Mug3n Reputation: 10

I really hope you guys did do your focus group surveys and polling for your new logo before releasing... and I really am not trying to be negative at all, but the way I read your post before yellowbeard you did seem to define that the 2000 members who signed the petition are insignificant.

I would suggest that these 2000 (now almost 4000) are part of your early adopter/core consumers who probably spend more than the average pc gamer on your parts.

Good luck with the logo change either way, I really hope you guys decide to change your mind I would most definitely not buy any products with that logo on it and I own a corsair k70, m95, ax850, 800d, 105i, Dominator memory, 120gb Force GT SSD and customizable cabling.

I would like to think that a majority of us are significant customers of yours, happy to provide serial numbers of my gear to prove I am not a troll.

Last edited by Mug3n; 09-24-2014 at 01:39 AM.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Perfected's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729753
Perfected Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Here's what it boils down to. The logo is NOT going away. We have a plan and we're executing it. Period.

As I've noted above, we are listening and we do care. We know some people are unhappy. But, as also noted, the plan just launched yesterday. We are not going to rush into some knee-jerk reaction based on a statistically insignificant number.

Google PC gamers and you'll find numbers ranging from 15 million to 711 million PC gamers on the planet.
That's what leads to failures in companies. Ignorance and arrogance. Doing something no matter what even if it isnt in the best interest in a company.

Like I said before, you guys dont need to devalue your products to try to and appeal to a certain demographic of users.

The petition now has 3000 signatures. How many of those RGB K70s and k95s have you guys actually sold? How many orders are getting canceled now?

At the very least, and this isnt only for the customers benefit, but for yours too, allow customers to choose between the two logos on certain products and see which one is more popular.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Spud387's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729755
Spud387 Reputation: 20

I love the Corsair parts in my PC and out of the products you offer(Case, PSU, CPU cooler, SSD, Fans, Memory), I use all but two of those and would have all but one if it weren't for case availability when I bought my PC.

All I have left to upgrade to Corsair gear is my peripherals and trust me when I say I was very impressed with what you had on display at PAX Prime. However, I prefer class & style rather than gaudy and "Bro Gamer." I can't bring myself to buy something with "Corsair Gaming" and what I think Kotaku correctly described as a tramp stamp.

You know you've done bad when Razer gear looks more refined in terms of logo implementation.

I love Corsair gear and will continue to buy the parts, but not those with "Corsair Gaming"

Last edited by Spud387; 09-24-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:54 AM

POST ID # = 729758
Psygnosis Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube View Post
I dont know. I think hardware makers would want to copy logo styles from bad *** sci fi movie fake computer props. thats what i want in my computer case.

if they was going to change it.
Dude Wipeout is the shiznits.

Any of these logos would have been awesome.

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:47 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729766
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

Found a Facebook page linking to the petition, For all the people who want change and for all the times corsair say "We listen to our customers" this is a chance to prove it - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Corsa...48843468615694

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:17 AM
xelnaga15's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729792
xelnaga15 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Here's what it boils down to. The logo is NOT going away. We have a plan and we're executing it. Period.

As I've noted above, we are listening and we do care. We know some people are unhappy. But, as also noted, the plan just launched yesterday. We are not going to rush into some knee-jerk reaction based on a statistically insignificant number.

Google PC gamers and you'll find numbers ranging from 15 million to 711 million PC gamers on the planet.
the logo/yellow text/unsleek part of the plan is S***

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:38 AM
Lady Fitzgerald's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729795
Lady Fitzgerald Reputation: 40

Quote:
2000 people is a noticeable number. As I said we listen. But, it is a microscopic portion of the amount of gaming enthusiasts in the world that are aware of and/or are customers using Corsair gaming peripherals.

So yes. "SOME" users are complaining. Others are complimenting.
Frankly, I've seen very, very few people complimenting the new logo, especially compared to the vast multitude of those disliking it. I wouldn't let it stop me from buying the K95 RGB; the only things stopping me are I have a keyboard that is pretty much meeting my needs and I do not like to be an early adopter, preferring to wait until any early production bugs are worked out. I can always cover up the ugly logo with a custom one of my own

Backup, backup, backup! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Old 09-24-2014, 07:50 AM
WillSK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729807
WillSK Reputation: 20

Just wanna add my 2 cents to all this.

Firstly let me say that much like pretty much everyone who is complaining about the logo, I am a HUGE fan of Corsair products. I own a lot of Corsair products and will continue to buy cases, ram, PSU's, SSDs, AIO coolers and all that other lovely stuff you make. The reason we are so annoyed about the new logo is that we are passionate and we care about the brand we admire and not because we're a bunch of griefers and trolls.

It must be stated that not for a second have I seen anyone calling into the question the quality of Corsair products including those with the new logo but the fact of the matter stands that the enthusiast and the PC gaming community do care a lot about aesthetics.

Corsair has always been a brand that has reflected quality, maturity and a sense of clean cuttness (I know that's not a term but meh"). Even your more "out there" cases like the graphite series which I love are done in such a way that they don't appear over the top and tacky like other brands such as thermaltake or those budget gaming cases you see everywhere.
This new logo goes against that and creates a cheaper more tacky look to it and just doesn't have that mature feel that sets you apart from the crowd.

Now I do understand the want to create a gaming sub division. With the rise of E-Sports and the hugely disappointing next gen consoles there are gonna be more and more people wanting to step into the world of PC gaming but surely this can be done whilst also staying true to the roots of Corsair and not down the avenue of covering everything in dragons, swords, fire, robots or whatever else is deemed "cool" and "gamer".

I know you say 4000 petition signs is insignificant but here in the UK we're looking at over half a million in sales revenue if that's 4000 less keyboards sold as a result and that doesn't seem all that insignificant to me. The fact of the matter stands is that people like me and the others in this thread are only annoyed because we care and we want to see Corsair succeed and continue to do so whilst maintaining that image which makes it great.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:10 AM

POST ID # = 729820
DiNet Reputation: 10

This is simply hideous for a premium product.
This seems like something that 16 year old drama queen would put on her back.
On top of this ****, premium ****ing keyboard, comes with a ****ing sticker version of this abomination. Seriously? Was this same focus group that tests MoH?
Insignificant numbers you say? For ****s sake, don't you try thinking 2 steps ahead? Not just the post itself that resembles hormonal teen typing style but the fact that those who chose to voice themselves in this petty forum and petition are actually those who review and leave review under your products in various places? Same people that recommend your products on forums? Fraction of gamers? Ok yea, we are fraction of gamers, but you know what? Only a fraction of gamers own even single corsair product. You are not microsoft, that makes products without which basically there's no gaming at this point.
Hate spreads over internet like a plague. 10 haters will leave a mark in 100 people minds that there's something wrong with that product.
Another 10 haters will say that corsair doesn't give a **** about their customers which will be picked by another 100.
And don't you worry, Yellowbeard, your wording in your posts will make enough ripples over the internet to cripple corsair sales.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:00 AM

POST ID # = 729825
Patrol Reputation: 10

Corsair,

It seems very strange that you would whet people's appetite, spends months advertising, previewing, pre-releasing the cherry red switches - essentially building up a huge wave of anticipation only to change the product on the eve of release.

You had everyone right there on the brink. We were chomping at the bit to send you our money!

Why the sudden disassociation with your hard earned, long standing image? It just makes no sense.

This keyboard and mouse combo was to be my finishing touch. Now, i'm not so sure. This new aesthetic doesn't ooze class - it oozes desperation, why? To enter a market sector that you have already eclipsed?

Honestly, it's easy to make idle statements, you guys almost had nearly $300AUD of mine - but I wanted the old corsair.

"RECOGNITION
CRSR established a strong brand that the company believes is widely recognized and respected in the PC gaming hardware market.
"

Why would you change now? You have recognition and you have loyalty, stick with it.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:28 AM

POST ID # = 729835
bogroll Reputation: 10

I was going to buy one of the new keyboards, but sorry I won't be anytime soon after having laid eyes on that logo. Churlish of me perhaps? After all it's an exceptionally handsome bit of gear, but with that logo on it..... no. I'll hang on to my cash until Corsair either changes it or offers another slot-in replacement (brushed metal to match with engraved old logo please).

Either that or go for the K95 as the K70's red backlight is too tacky for me. That's a difficult decision as I've heard plenty stories of failing LED's on those older models - and that's exactly why I was looking forward to these new models.

I game, but I'm in my 40's and most certainly don't want 'I am a gamer' stamped on my very expensive kit thanks.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Voonex's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729839
Voonex Reputation: 30

Quote:
2000 people is a noticeable number. As I said we listen. But, it is a microscopic portion of the amount of gaming enthusiasts in the world that are aware of and/or are customers using Corsair gaming peripherals.

So yes. "SOME" users are complaining. Others are complimenting.
Another rep has already said this was done to refresh the brand and get more people to notice Corsair for their gaming peripherals......If so many people are already aware of Corsair and Corsair gaming peripherals, then what was the point of this change?

And I've seen far more people with a negative opinion of the new branding than I have any praise at all.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Voonex's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Found a Facebook page linking to the petition, For all the people who want change and for all the times corsair say "We listen to our customers" this is a chance to prove it - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Corsa...48843468615694
change.org is designed to collect your email address for selling; I don't think I've ever seen a company acknowledge a petition on this site, ever. There are many much better ways to provide feedback. Pushing on social media, messaging reps, and while extreme for an otherwise perfect keyboard in my opinion, boycotting are much more effective.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:43 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729843
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voonex View Post
change.org is designed to collect your email address for selling; I don't think I've ever seen a company acknowledge a petition on this site, ever. There are many much better ways to provide feedback. Pushing on social media, messaging reps, and while extreme for an otherwise perfect keyboard in my opinion, boycotting are much more effective.
As I said in another thread -

Change.org is mostly responsible for bringing GTA5 to the PC this coming January through petitions so it does work.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Voonex's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729844

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007vsMagua View Post
I've been looking at close-ups of the new logo on the K70 RGB and it almost appears to be a snap-in piece. If that's the case, maybe Corsair could make another plate to take its place and mail out replacements to customers. If the logo is permanently attached to the keyboard then maybe Corsair could produce a rubberized/plastic badge like I have attached to the front of my case. The sail design is timeless and I love it, and the letter styling is classic. Corsair could make a similar rectangle badge with the classic Corsair logo and mail those out to customers who request one.
I really really hope Corsair takes this into consideration. I would even be willing to drop a few dollars for this from the accessories shop, and then they would be able to continue their new branding without complaint....well, except for the mouse.

Corsair is one of my favorite PC part and peripherals manufacturers, I want to represent them on my hardware and not some gross sub-brand.

Closed Thread