The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Dwindleflip's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729698
Dwindleflip Reputation: 5

The new "gaming" logo is absolutely disgusting. From a design perspective (and its what i do) its terribly too big, wont fit on anything well, and its just fugly. Seriously kotaku called it... "tramp stamp".

I want a K70 RGB but not with this logo. I dont even think the sail logo fits well on the k70 either but this looks terrible.

Last edited by Dwindleflip; 09-23-2014 at 08:58 PM.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 729702
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Thanks for expressing your opinion. We are of course paying very close attention to what our customers are saying.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:16 PM

POST ID # = 729706
Cube Reputation: 10

I dont know. I think hardware makers would want to copy logo styles from bad *** sci fi movie fake computer props. thats what i want in my computer case.

if they was going to change it.

or tron

[IMG]http://2.bp.*************/-KaA7hkYI5_I/TmMymoiz8eI/AAAAAAAAACY/NhP1k5w_xfk/s1600/POA+tron+edition+2.jpg[/IMG]

http://2.bp.*************/-KaA7hkYI5...+edition+2.jpg

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Airwaves's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729710
Airwaves Reputation: 10

After I got off of work yesterday, I immediately ordered the keyboard when I got home. I've been waiting for this keyboard since it was announced at CES last year. I didn't realize until today about the logo... glad I caught it soon... canceling my order tomorrow since the offices are closed at this time. I'll wait until they release one with the original logo...

At the very least they could've provided an optional template of the original logo to swap out with the new one... preferably not adhesive... magnetized would be better or just something as a solution... Much like Computer Case badges. I don't get how it was a good idea in the first place to put especially a color that you HAVE to deal with that wouldn't match your color scheme when the whole idea behind RGB was to be optional and customizable. The yellow "gaming" should've been neutral if anything... like the logo... I despise it overall...

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Dexter 7's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729713
Dexter 7 Reputation: 5

Good thing I caught myself before purchasing a K70 wtih RGBs. At least you could offer an option to have either the Classic Corsair logo or the trampstamp "gaming" logo.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:26 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729714
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

perhaps one area is being over looked,a company generates ideas on their products from the wants/needs of the majority but views here are of the one or the few .
rather than bad mouth a great product simply because of a ''logo'',why not organize things to get Corsair to offer individual logos apart from the product.

now,even tho Ive offered a better resolution,,,issue a bad rating simply because my opinion differs

Old 09-23-2014, 09:32 PM

POST ID # = 729715
Cube Reputation: 10

Old 09-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Getting Older Guy
007vsMagua's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729716
007vsMagua Reputation: 20

I've been looking at close-ups of the new logo on the K70 RGB and it almost appears to be a snap-in piece. If that's the case, maybe Corsair could make another plate to take its place and mail out replacements to customers. If the logo is permanently attached to the keyboard then maybe Corsair could produce a rubberized/plastic badge like I have attached to the front of my case. The sail design is timeless and I love it, and the letter styling is classic. Corsair could make a similar rectangle badge with the classic Corsair logo and mail those out to customers who request one.

Last edited by 007vsMagua; 09-23-2014 at 09:49 PM.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:44 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729717
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007vsMagua View Post
I've been looking at close-ups of the new logo on the K70 RGB and it almost appears to be a snap-in piece. If that's the case, maybe Corsair could make another plate to take its place and mail out replacements to customers. If the logo is permanently attached to the keyboard then maybe Corsair could produce some of those rubberized/plastic stickers that I have attached to the front of my case. The sail design is timeless and I love it, and the letter style is classic. Corsair could make a similar rectangle patch with the classic Corsair logo and mail those out to customers who request one.
a very sensible alternative allowing users to have best of both worlds...

Old 09-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Conners's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729724
Conners Reputation: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
We announced our new Corsair Gaming line of products yesterday. If you missed the announcement you can learn more at CorsairGaming.com. The Corsair Gaming is a new product line that was created focusing on core gamers.

Some customers have asked what this means for the Corsair “Sails” logo. Never fear! The original Corsair logo is alive and well and will continue to be used on all Corsair PC component products, nothing changed.
Actually I kind of like the new gaming LOGO, Get with it peps, quit being Obamanots. Looks Cool...

Old 09-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Conners's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter 7 View Post
Good thing I caught myself before purchasing a K70 wtih RGBs. At least you could offer an option to have either the Classic Corsair logo or the trampstamp "gaming" logo.
I bet you know someone with one of those...LOL J/K

Old 09-23-2014, 10:46 PM
P00P34's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729730
P00P34 Reputation: 20

Why are so many people mad over this? If you truly are a "diehard" fan and waited SO long for it, and suddenly a small logo you really shouldn't be looking at during anything really, changes, you're going to threaten them that you're no longer a customer? I like the logo, honestly. I'll take either or, cause they're both cool and made by Corsair, so that makes it all the better. If you're going to hate it, don't use the I'm not a customer threat, it honestly makes you look like a dick, and don't forget, Corsair is full of humans too, not emotionless working robots to plead to every word you say.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:24 PM
Conners's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729733

Wytynt quit disliking my posts...

Old 09-23-2014, 11:34 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners View Post
Wytynt quit disliking my posts...
i like your posts even if i dislike em
aint me,,do a count,im but one person,,besides your reverse psychology wont work here and the alienation is still in effect ftr

Old 09-24-2014, 12:19 AM
musicequips's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729744
musicequips Reputation: 31

What if you kept the "Corsair Gaming" which makes marketing sense and dropped the "graphic" on new, future products released?

2 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread