The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 729619
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46
Default Corsair Gaming and the Logo

We announced our new Corsair Gaming line of products yesterday. If you missed the announcement you can learn more at CorsairGaming.com. The Corsair Gaming is a new product line that was created focusing on core gamers.

Some customers have asked what this means for the Corsair “Sails” logo. Never fear! The original Corsair logo is alive and well and will continue to be used on all Corsair PC component products, nothing changed.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:43 PM

POST ID # = 729638
Riekopo Reputation: 4

What do you mean nothing changed? Clearly the logo on the RGB line has changed and that change is universally hated. I mean look at how this post on Reddit has blown up: http://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/com...e_huge_yellow/

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 729643

You are gauging your opinion on a few threads on the internet. There are plenty of people that like the change in structure and the accompanying logo. They just aren't spamming the net about it.

Corsair has thrived for years because we actually do listen to our customers. The logo is not going to just disappear but we do realize that "some" customers are unhappy. We can't act on this information overnight, Corsair Gaming just launched yesterday. We'll assess what needs to happen as we move forward.

Last edited by Yellowbeard; 09-23-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Bjray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729652
Bjray Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
but we do realize that "some" customers are unhappy,
I understand from a business point of view (investments, stock, etc) that nothing is going to happen for quite awhile. But don't say only "some" users are complaining... That seems very in denial since almost 2,000 people have already signed a petition that started yesterday.

Also, not trying to be mean or anything but I don't see anyone defending / truly liking the new logo, they're either saying they don't care or giving others "solutions" to cover it up...

It just seems ugly the way you wrote that.

Last edited by Bjray; 09-23-2014 at 05:17 PM.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Protocol48's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729654
Protocol48 Reputation: 14
Default Help on Keyboard Logo

1) How did I get my K70 RGB keyboard with a very unobtrusive black logo, as opposed to the ones on the website now.
2) Was anything else changed, or was it a just logo modification on the manufacturing design?

Note: My Opinion: I see that some users are wasting time publicly airing their personal tastes going on about something that works, where I think they would be better served going after a product that does not work correctly.
They should see my other "3rd party" keyboard (the distracting lighted logo you do not see until you buy it and plug it in) is a beacon I can see coming into the room, whose only purpose to me with the monitor off is to know whether my PC is on or off when I enter the room! (and I am justified there to have a piece of tape there to cover it when I type.)

Old 09-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 729655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjray View Post
I understand from a business point of view (investments, stock, etc) that nothing is going to happen for quite awhile. But don't say only "some" users are complaining... That seems very in denial since almost 2,000 people have already signed a petition that started yesterday.

It just seems ugly the way you wrote that.
2000 people is a noticeable number. As I said we listen. But, it is a microscopic portion of the amount of gaming enthusiasts in the world that are aware of and/or are customers using Corsair gaming peripherals.

So yes. "SOME" users are complaining. Others are complimenting.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 729658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protocol48 View Post
1) How did I get my K70 RGB keyboard with a very unobtrusive black logo, as opposed to the ones on the website now.
2) Was anything else changed, or was it a just logo modification on the manufacturing design?

Note: My Opinion: I see that some users are wasting time publicly airing their personal tastes going on about something that works, where I think they would be better served going after a product that does not work correctly.
They should see my other "3rd party" keyboard (the distracting lighted logo you do not see until you buy it and plug it in) is a beacon I can see coming into the room, whose only purpose to me with the monitor off is to know whether my PC is on or off when I enter the room! (and I am justified there to have a piece of tape there to cover it when I type.)

1: You ordered from our early stock made with the original branding
2: The KBs are EXACTLY the same except for the logo.

Thanks also for the opinion. We ARE listening.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Jr5's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729684
Jr5 Reputation: 10

Quote:
2000 people is a noticeable number. As I said we listen. But, it is a microscopic portion of the amount of gaming enthusiasts in the world that are aware of and/or are customers using Corsair gaming peripherals.

So yes. "SOME" users are complaining. Others are complimenting.
No Offense but if you take a look at your CorsairGaming Facebook page and any other enthusiast forum you will see that the portion of people complaining is way bigger than "Microscopic", I personally wont be buying the K70 RGB that I was planning to get soon if I dont find one with the Original logo in stock.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:29 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 729686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr5 View Post
No Offense but if you take a look at your CorsairGaming Facebook page and any other enthusiast forum you will see that the portion of people complaining is way bigger than "Microscopic", I personally wont be buying the K70 RGB that I was planning to get soon if I dont find one with the Original logo in stock.
Do you have any idea how many PC gamers there are in the world???

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:38 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729688
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

I think theres just too much emphasis placed on non functioning looks ,
sure looks are important but to let a Kb go because of a logo?,please explain the reasoning here because im just missing it...

Old 09-23-2014, 07:40 PM

POST ID # = 729689
Riekopo Reputation: 4

Quote:
You just seem to be in denial over how much disgust there is for the new logo. Tons of people are saying they were going to get a Corsair RGB product and now they are NOT. There's nothing worse than that for a company trying to sell a new product. The people that are vocalizing about this are the people that care most about Corsair. They are not "spamming" or "microscopic", they are a perfect slice and sample of your customers.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 729690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riekopo View Post
You just seem to be in denial over how much disgust there is for the new logo. Tons of people are saying they were going to get a Corsair RGB product and now they are NOT. There's nothing worse than that for a company trying to sell a new product. The people that are vocalizing about this are the people that care most about Corsair. They are not "spamming" or "microscopic", they are a perfect slice and sample of your customers.
Here's what it boils down to. The logo is NOT going away. We have a plan and we're executing it. Period.

As I've noted above, we are listening and we do care. We know some people are unhappy. But, as also noted, the plan just launched yesterday. We are not going to rush into some knee-jerk reaction based on a statistically insignificant number.

Google PC gamers and you'll find numbers ranging from 15 million to 711 million PC gamers on the planet.

Last edited by Yellowbeard; 09-23-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Jr5's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729691

Quote:
Not that many gamers that can afford a $170 + keyboard, the thing is that you guys are alienating your non "Gamers" customers who dont want a tacky logo and "Gaming"

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Jr5's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729694

Quote:
Here's what it boils down to. The logo is NOT going away. We have a plan and we're executing it. Period.

As I've noted above, we are listening and we do care. We know some people are unhappy. But, as also noted, the plan just launched yesterday. We are not going to rush into some knee-jerk reaction based on a statistically insignificant number.

Google PC gamers and you'll find numbers ranging from 15 million to 711 million PC gamers on the planet.
Oh WOW, thank you for calling us Insignificant, just wow , this just seals it for me, a Corsair customer no longer I am, thank you.

Last edited by Jr5; 09-23-2014 at 07:57 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 729696

We hate to lose you as a customer. If you choose to intentionally misinterpret what is being said, we cannot change that.

Closed Thread