The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 11:20 PM

POST ID # = 675058
Rooslin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by js09e View Post
I can't be the only one thinking: "**** it. I'll get a Filco."
I was thinking about canceling and getting a filco with some custom keycaps

but in the end decided I would wait it out

Old 09-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Gamer/Programmer
Shinigami84's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675094
Shinigami84 Reputation: 10

I was about to order K70 myself, but found this bit of text:
"you can order in any color of switch"
So, when you order K70 with a specific switch, is there a possibility to order Andonized Black option? Or is that one limited to "red only"? (I dislike red - no tactile feel, your fingers simply fall through, would require me to adapt to be able to type, blue/brown would be preferred... probably).

Or is it "K70 with brown switch" only, no andonized black option?

Please write here as soon as you receive a keyboard with non-red switch, thanks.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:41 AM
rashdanml's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675099
rashdanml Reputation: 10

"any color of switch" - which is only referring to the MX Red, Blue and Brown switches.

Only the MX Red comes in Black anodized and silver. MX Blue and Brown are only available in gunmetal grey (which is closer to Black in person).

Old 09-19-2013, 06:47 AM
Gamer/Programmer
Shinigami84's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675103
Shinigami84 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashdanml View Post
"any color of switch" - which is only referring to the MX Red, Blue and Brown switches.

Only the MX Red comes in Black anodized and silver. MX Blue and Brown are only available in gunmetal grey (which is closer to Black in person).
Thanks for info!
No andonized black for me then.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Turbo2x's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675120
Turbo2x Reputation: 10

Well, I called customer support on Tuesday the 17th and today, the 19th.

17th: "Your keyboard should be shipped out by the end of the day. Sorry, it was on backorder."

Today: "Sorry, I don't know who told you that. The earliest order we have for that model is in mid-October. You were one of the first to order, so it might come sooner."

Needless to say I'm pretty bummed out and shocked. My card has already been charged, I've already received an invoice, but I might not get what I paid for until 3 months after I initially ordered.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:42 AM

POST ID # = 675124
chillin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo2x View Post
Well, I called customer support on Tuesday the 17th and today, the 19th.

17th: "Your keyboard should be shipped out by the end of the day. Sorry, it was on backorder."

Today: "Sorry, I don't know who told you that. The earliest order we have for that model is in mid-October. You were one of the first to order, so it might come sooner."

Needless to say I'm pretty bummed out and shocked. My card has already been charged, I've already received an invoice, but I might not get what I paid for until 3 months after I initially ordered.

What... This is getting absurd. Least your not alone in the boat, and as well with my card already being charged so...yea

Old 09-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Turbo2x's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675125

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin View Post
What... This is getting absurd. Least your not alone in the boat, and as well with my card already being charged so...yea
I understand that I'm not alone, but unfortunately that won't make the keyboard come any faster.

Anyway, my biggest issue with this is that no one seemed to know what was going on with the whole process. It looks like even Newegg is shipping faster than Corsair can. Maybe I should have ordered through them.

Last edited by Turbo2x; 09-19-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: additional comments

Old 09-19-2013, 04:31 PM
SpecialK916's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675186
SpecialK916 Reputation: 10

ITS HERE!!! finally. rest at ease my friends, it actually does exist, it isnt a snipe hunt after all. ok im going to hook it up now. good luck guys. for anyone wondering, i preordered from newegg the day they went up for preorder the first time. the date is listed on a post above. **sigh of relief**

Old 09-19-2013, 04:38 PM
SpecialK916's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675189

blue switches by the way. in typing on it now with no complaints.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:42 PM
ChrisPowers's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675196
ChrisPowers Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK916 View Post
ITS HERE!!! finally. rest at ease my friends, it actually does exist, it isnt a snipe hunt after all. ok im going to hook it up now. good luck guys. for anyone wondering, i preordered from newegg the day they went up for preorder the first time. the date is listed on a post above. **sigh of relief**
Glad to hear it.

Here's a question, though. How does Newegg get a Corsair keyboard delivered before CORSAIR even has them in stock to be shipped?

The moment they became available for purchase on Newegg, Amazon and Corsair, I ordered one from each source to be ensured I'd get the first shipment possible. I CANCELLED all the other orders when the imbeciles at Corsair sent me a bogus shipping confirmation e-mail stating in plain English that the keyboard had been shipped to me. Instead, half the order arrived with no explanation as to why. Then my card was charged a week later for no reason; nothing was shipped. Then a third-party supplier gets the damn thing DELIVERED before the actual manufacturer claims to even have them in stock. Figure that one out.

Take home lesson for those watching from home: whatever you do, NEVER order from Corsair directly.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:47 PM
SpecialK916's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675198

i totally see where your coming from. i should also add that i got 3 day shipping, not sure what your shipping options were. another lesson you could take away is always order from newegg. i have yet to be disappointed from them in any way. quick shipping, eggcellent (sorry had to do it) customer service, and usually the price beats the competition or at least its close to it.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:05 PM
rashdanml's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675203

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK916 View Post
i totally see where your coming from. i should also add that i got 3 day shipping, not sure what your shipping options were. another lesson you could take away is always order from newegg. i have yet to be disappointed from them in any way. quick shipping, eggcellent (sorry had to do it) customer service, and usually the price beats the competition or at least its close to it.
Too bad Newegg.ca is painfully slow with new products :(
Here's hoping NCIX gets their stock soonish. Sent an email to NCIX asking about an ETA, let's see what I get.

Last edited by rashdanml; 09-19-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Turbo2x's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675206

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPowers View Post
Here's a question, though. How does Newegg get a Corsair keyboard delivered before CORSAIR even has them in stock to be shipped?

Take home lesson for those watching from home: whatever you do, NEVER order from Corsair directly.
I'm with you on this one. I love you Corsair, but jeez. October?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:04 PM
rashdanml's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675215

Quote:
Here's hoping NCIX gets their stock soonish. Sent an email to NCIX asking about an ETA, let's see what I get.
Got response from NCIX; they're expecting it to arrive this week or early next week, which means I'll get it in next week at the earliest. Yay!

Old 09-19-2013, 08:19 PM
SpecialK916's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675216

Quote:
Too bad Newegg.ca is painfully slow with new products :(
thats too bad. heres to hoping they expand up there.