The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 208 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 01:18 PM

POST ID # = 692010
Laufer Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria4949 View Post
Hi to all,
What I want to do exactly is have 1 button that lowers the dpi while pressed like the sniper button and also does another function like zooming in.
Hi!
If you want to use it in some shooter I'm afraid its barely possible.

First of all Autohotkey can't send commands to a mouse directly (such as change DPI or Sniper button) - it can only intercept mouse command (move cursor or press key) and modify them a bit before sending to application.

Second - Autohotkey can slow down mouse movement in RTS or quest or other cursor moving application but that trick doesn't work in shooters - they read input directly from mouse. Thats why HardMacro don't work in some games (e.g. ArmA 2).

Old 01-10-2014, 02:45 PM

POST ID # = 692026
euphoria4949 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
Hi!
If you want to use it in some shooter I'm afraid its barely possible.

First of all Autohotkey can't send commands to a mouse directly (such as change DPI or Sniper button) - it can only intercept mouse command (move cursor or press key) and modify them a bit before sending to application.

Second - Autohotkey can slow down mouse movement in RTS or quest or other cursor moving application but that trick doesn't work in shooters - they read input directly from mouse. Thats why HardMacro don't work in some games (e.g. ArmA 2).
Oh ok, that's a shame. =( Never mind, I just wanted to be able to lower the dpi at the same time as looking around in DayZ, due to the way the game works when free viewing or looking around it feels like my sensitivity is at 9000dpi. It's insanely hard to slow scan the horizon.

Thanks for your help and info.
Best regards

Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 AM

POST ID # = 693259
Gian_88 Reputation: 10
Default macros

HI everyone :) first of all, thank you so much for this amazing work!!
secondary... i'm deciding whether to buy the corsair m90 or a different mouse and this is my dilemma:

i need to build some macros for the programmable keys.... and i need them to work whether the game allows you or not :P so i DEFINITELY need the hardware playback... but at this point i'm wondering, how far can i go scripting those macros?

i'm basically concearned about this two macros(i play Ultima Online an amazing MMO :)):
healing macro:
control pixel on my life
if my life is < than X, send Fx on the click
if my life is < than Y, send Fy on the click
(to heal myself with bendages or potions, depending on how low my health is)

spell macro:
send Fx
wait x sexonds
block input on
wait x milliseconds
block input off
(cause in the game i play, after i push the spell button i need to stop running precisely when the spell's cast time finishes...so basically: i'm running keeping the right button of the mouse down, the macro should release my pressure automatically after some time despite me holding down the button... and then turn the block input off and allow me to run again)

this is pretty much it!
ah... and i'd like to know if i can send mouse clicks at locations with the scripts!

i know i can do this sort of things with ahk, but obviously it doesn't work with the game i'm on... so i wanna know if i can do this with the hardware playback
and your marvelous software :)

THANK YOU ALL SOSO MUCH FOR YOUR ATTENTION
and i hope to find this things fasible so i can but the mouse in NO TIME! :)

Last edited by Gian_88; 01-18-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:32 AM

POST ID # = 693265

Hi!
If you want make a bot (if its not permitted by rules of that game) - AHK have pretty nice PixelGetColor function. I'd recommend run that function by this SetTimer subroutine. Want send mouse click at screen location? Check this out. Blocking input? Sleep command must help.
But, I think your subject is way to far from topic

If you ask about possibility of emulating key pressings in your game - try it. Use HardMacro or make simple macro by yourself. In last case refer to this article.

Last edited by Laufer; 01-18-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:54 AM

POST ID # = 693268

yeah, i'm kinda newbie with the whole scripting thing but i can work to get better with ahk :)
so basically you're telling me that all the macros i was talking about are actually potentially operable with the corsier m90 and your software, isn't it?
guaranteed to work with the hardware playback?(i mean it'll work, the game is so old and i know of other players using hardware macros too, )i mean, the block input stuff, controll pixel and even sending clicks at locations are operable to make macro scripts to load with the hardware playback?:D
if that is the case i'm buying it right now!!!

edit:BTW i don't want to make a bot, i'm still the one playin it i just want to simplify it a little :)

Last edited by Gian_88; 01-18-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:28 AM

POST ID # = 693274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian_88 View Post
yeah, i'm kinda newbie with the whole scripting thing but i can work to get better with ahk :)
so basically you're telling me that all the macros i've sayed are actually operable with the corsier m90 and your software right?
guaranteed to work with the hardware playback? all the block input stuff, controll pixel and even sending clicks at locations? :D
if thats the case i'll buy it today!
Nope. I was talking about abillities of AHK. Your bot doesn't depend on mouse)

Old 01-18-2014, 02:15 PM

POST ID # = 693295

argh...i thought i could play a little bit more with the scripts... not even block input is possible in the hardware playback?

BTW: i was not tryin to build a bot

Old 01-18-2014, 02:36 PM

POST ID # = 693298

Come and play! Try it with your current mouse. But you have to dive deep into script coding. Its a great challenge for some people.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:40 PM

POST ID # = 693299

Quote:
Come and play! Try it with your current mouse. But you have to dive deep into script coding. Its a great challenge for some people.
i'll do my best :) thank you i'll let you know as soon as i come up with something!

Old 04-14-2014, 02:30 PM

POST ID # = 705417
PepperAlf Reputation: 10

Hello,

just bought a Corsair M95 and noticed that it is not possible to define a profile as a 'general' profile. When I have a profile "game xy" which is activated when starting game xy it is still active when exiting the game.

I came across this thread here and before diving into it I would just like to ask, if it is possible with "Hard Macro" to define a general profile.

Thanks for your help,
Alf

Old 04-14-2014, 05:41 PM

POST ID # = 705438

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperAlf View Post
Hello,

just bought a Corsair M95 and noticed that it is not possible to define a profile as a 'general' profile. When I have a profile "game xy" which is activated when starting game xy it is still active when exiting the game.

I came across this thread here and before diving into it I would just like to ask, if it is possible with "Hard Macro" to define a general profile.

Thanks for your help,
Alf
Hi!
Yes, you can make general profile. You have to create profile with empty "Application" field. Take a look at this post for example.

update: This is not exactly "general profile" that you might expect. Profile with empty "Application" will work in all applications that not assigned in other HardMacro profiles (also on Desktop).

Last edited by Laufer; 04-15-2014 at 02:37 AM.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:11 PM

POST ID # = 705554

Hi Laufer,

thanks for your quick response!

Tried it and it works great. Improves the usability of the mouse immensely!

Two questions though:

1. When importing M90_Default.xml into the Corsair software, Buttons 7 and 8 are not assigned to F-keys but instead to Undo / Redo. So these buttons can't be programmed with Hard Macro, correct? Is there a workaround?

2. I'm an absolute newbie to AutoHotkey and programming but got everything working so far. One exception: I would like to assign a mouse button (e.g. button 9) with Ctrl (the control-key) and it should behave exactly like the key on the keyboard. This means I should be able to press the button, hold it for a time and release it. For example: In Google Chrome, pressing/holding button 9 and then pressing the left mouse button should open a link in a new tab. For some reason it doesn't work for me. Is there a solution?

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited by PepperAlf; 04-15-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:54 PM

POST ID # = 705592

Quote:
1. When importing M90_Default.xml into the Corsair software, Buttons 7 and 8 are not assigned to F-keys but instead to Undo / Redo. So these buttons can't be programmed with Hard Macro, correct? Is there a workaround?
I think there is - we need to reprogram M95 profile. Unfortunately, I don't have M95 and can't install driver (it demands mouse to be plugged in) so I ask you to send me default M95 profile (via dropbox or any suitable for you way). I'll try to see if I can adopt it to HardMacro. Will fly by instruments

Quote:
2. I'm an absolute newbie to AutoHotkey and programming but got everything working so far. One exception: I would like to assign a mouse button (e.g. button 9) with Ctrl (the control-key) and it should behave exactly like the key on the keyboard. This means I should be able to press the button, hold it for a time and release it. For example: In Google Chrome, pressing/holding button 9 and then pressing the left mouse button should open a link in a new tab. For some reason it doesn't work for me. Is there a solution?
Yep. You can assign following script to desired mouse button:
Code:
; Ctrl key emulation
; Holding down Ctrl key while mouse button is  pressed
;
Ctrl:
   Send {SC01D down} ; press Ctrl
   Key := % A_ThisHotKey
   StringReplace, Key, Key, *$, , All
   while GetKeyState(Key, "P")
   {
   }
   Send {SC01D up}      ; release Ctrl
return
Just make sure that macro name same as in my example (Ctrl.ahk)

Quote:
Thanks again for your help!
No problem! I do my best

Old 04-16-2014, 02:58 PM

POST ID # = 705746

Quote:
I think there is - we need to reprogram M95 profile. Unfortunately, I don't have M95 and can't install driver (it demands mouse to be plugged in) so I ask you to send me default M95 profile (via dropbox or any suitable for you way). I'll try to see if I can adopt it to HardMacro.
Great! You can download the profile at
http://we.tl/ujDBqbgVUb

Quote:
Yep. You can assign following script to desired mouse button
I tried some things by myself, but ok, I see now that I couldn't possibly come up with that! ;-)

Again, thanks a LOT for your help!

Old 04-16-2014, 04:58 PM

POST ID # = 705759

Quote:
Great! You can download the profile at
http://we.tl/ujDBqbgVUb
Looks like M95 command codes for Forward and Backward differs from M90. They are not F-keys because Forward and Backward command can be intercepted by Autohotkey normally (XButton1 and XButton2 script key).
Solution:
1. Import into M95 mouse M90_profile (that is provided with HardMacro).
2. Change "Undo" to "Forward" and "Redo" to "Backward" manually using Corsair software. HardMacro will work then normally.
Please, test it and send me result profile - I want to know what codes used for Forward and Backward for M95.

Quote:
I tried some things by myself, but ok, I see now that I couldn't possibly come up with that! ;-)

Again, thanks a LOT for your help!
You are welcome! Feel free to ask me any questions about scripting.

p.s. About script for Ctrl. Actually I just copied and replaced some code from this article. You can refer to it when make your own macros.

Last edited by Laufer; 04-16-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Tags
autohotkey, m60, macro