The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 02:30 AM
Camshaft

POST ID # = 718807
camshaft007 Reputation: 10

All I can suggest is to makes sure your in a 2.0 port and try the newest flashing. Or even reflash.

As my problem was 3.0 and the said thing is corsair didn't say ****. I had to figure it out myself.

When I called tech support they did hint that it could still be a hardware issue.
As for corsair releasing what the issue is don't hold your breath. Basically it's going to be cost savings on a hard wear piece. They decided to use a cheaper component and risk the savings vs warranties.

Unfortunately my biggest issue is with corsairs support ticket system. I'm this day and age who has a system that can't send you a email ?
How freaking stupid is that? Tech replies to your support ticket but system can't send you a notification.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Camshaft

POST ID # = 720086
camshaft007 Reputation: 10

Wanted to add some further info

In a attempt to isolate my problem my hardware support told me to boot into safe mode.
Which ended up fixing all the 3.0 port problems, then returned back to regular windows the faults returned.

So I highly suggest you move to 1.0/2.0 usb port and attempting to duplicate your problem.
As my key repeat problem was pinpointed to 3.0 port

good luck
C

Old 03-25-2015, 03:38 PM

POST ID # = 768603
s.moir Reputation: 10

Hi there,

I am having the same issue. Though I've had my k95 for a few months now. Just out of the blue the keys mainly ctrl, alt, space, alt gr, windows key, application key and the right ctrl have started to stick and rapidly fire for no reason.

If I press the key a few times it stops, then when I go back to typing it sticks again. These keys are sticking when I am not even pressing them.

In addition to the keys sticking the lighting effect I have on the keys also go off constantly on the key that is stuck. The effect I use is a blue ripple and you can see the key rapidly firing. Then while it's doing this pressing the right windows key causes the lighting to go off completely.

Any help on this would be great before I phone customer support.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:45 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 769121
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.moir View Post
Hi there,

I am having the same issue. Though I've had my k95 for a few months now. Just out of the blue the keys mainly ctrl, alt, space, alt gr, windows key, application key and the right ctrl have started to stick and rapidly fire for no reason.

If I press the key a few times it stops, then when I go back to typing it sticks again. These keys are sticking when I am not even pressing them.

In addition to the keys sticking the lighting effect I have on the keys also go off constantly on the key that is stuck. The effect I use is a blue ripple and you can see the key rapidly firing. Then while it's doing this pressing the right windows key causes the lighting to go off completely.

Any help on this would be great before I phone customer support.
Contact our tech support anyways and they can help you diagnose the issue.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:44 PM

POST ID # = 792849
gmrgod Reputation: 10

I've also been having this problem of random keystrokes being ignored, some of which being repeated, etc.

and i found out, that it's the Utility engine. because as soon as i stopped it from running, the keyboard stopped flipping out. My 'sound' controls (excluding the volume control, for some reason) along with the "winlock", brightness and MR/M1/M2/M3 buttons, do not work either, and i believe it to be related as it happened at the exact same time. they don't work with the util engine running OR when it isn't running.

I apologize if my english is poor, but what i'm saying is:
fix the ****ing utility engine, it's the one thing that makes me type like this:

wnoa
annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndd its instantly broken again
without any of theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee keys working properlllllllllllllllllly ohe modules