Corsair Community

Corsair Strafe Buttons not working

aManNotCaring

Yesterday I began to have an issue with my Corsair Strafe, where the spacebar wouldn't work, I uninstalled the drivers and restarted my computer, when the drives automitcally reinstalled, i found that I could no longer type, and pressing the escape key minimised whatever window was active.

I also noticed that pressing 'D' would bring up the date and time menu, and other functions/shortcuts like that would occur

I also couldn't use the scroll wheel on the mouse, as it would just highlight whatever text it was hovering over.

After this I reset my PC, removing all programs etc, and everything was working fine, but then the keyboard RGB dimmed and I couldn't use the spacebar anymore. Went through the same initial process of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, and the same thing happened.

Would appreciate any help or advice i can get.

• Corsair Employee

When you reset the PC, was this a clean install of Windows or did you only remove programs that were installed? This almost sounds like a software conflict since the issue went away when all programs were removed. If you have another PC/Laptop, I'd try connecting the Strafe to see if it has the same issues.

In the meantime you can also try a soft reset of the keyboard by unplugging the keyboard, holding ESC, plug the USB's back in, then release ESC.

• 4 months later...
The same is happening to me it was working fine this morning and now the spacebar is not working, it seems that from the bottom row it only works left ctrl,left,down,right,0,",",and enter. Also it happened for me as well the problem with it would seems I had ctrl or alt pressed all the time. I uninstalled CUE and installed the new version, it didn't work. Also did a soft reset, doesn't work.

Archived