Corsair Community

H100i cpu_fan n/a

ToothlessRaider

You have no fan speed detected in iCUE either and N/A means it is not detecting anything on the other end. You mentioned the fans are running, so it is not clear if there is a physical problem with the RPM wire, a settings issue, or something is interfering with the data reporting.

1) That specific cooler gets its power from the motherboard fan header. Make sure the header connected to it is set to 100% PWM, disabled, or however Gigabyte represents a a maximum 12v signal. Your pump speed is a bit low as well, so I am wondering about this. Also make sure Gigabytes desktop software for fan control is not overriding the BIOS settings to something else.

2) Some other software programs like AIDA64, HWiNFO, and others will get entangled with iCUE trying to report the same information. You often get gibberish or 0 values back in return. If you are running any of those, quit them for now during the troubleshooting process. You may need to restart the PC or force quit and restart all Corsair services to correct.

3) Problem with the wire -- if none of the others check out and there will be more testing to do.

You have no fan speed detected in iCUE either and N/A means it is not detecting anything on the other end. You mentioned the fans are running, so it is not clear if there is a physical problem with the RPM wire, a settings issue, or something is interfering with the data reporting.

1) That specific cooler gets its power from the motherboard fan header. Make sure the header connected to it is set to 100% PWM, disabled, or however Gigabyte represents a a maximum 12v signal. Your pump speed is a bit low as well, so I am wondering about this. Also make sure Gigabytes desktop software for fan control is not overriding the BIOS settings to something else.

2) Some other software programs like AIDA64, HWiNFO, and others will get entangled with iCUE trying to report the same information. You often get gibberish or 0 values back in return. If you are running any of those, quit them for now during the troubleshooting process. You may need to restart the PC or force quit and restart all Corsair services to correct.

3) Problem with the wire -- if none of the others check out and there will be more testing to do.

Hi ty for the reply. I dont have any Gigabyte software installed on my pc. I have HWInfo, MWMonitor, MSI Afterburner and Precision X1(need afterburner for osd, and precsion x is for gpu fans) But I installed them after since the corsair cue wasnt showing. Also the bios says 0 It has always said that from day 1 and I always figured it was because my "fan" was a cooler(aio) gonna take hger apart and take a few pics now.

My pc on full load in games like fallout 76 and COD Warzone go anywhere from 60 to 75C on 1 or 2 cores.

My pc has been on all night and I have been surfing and watching movies for the past 2 hours, here are my temps

This shows temps while in FO76

[ame]

[/ame]

(just uploaded so wont be out of potato mode for a little bit). Ill take some pictures of the inside of my pc and post what I see if that would help?

As for the 12v for the Z390UD "All the four fan headers on this Z390 UD supports up-to 2A x 12v so 24W." from gigabyte forums

You don't need to do interior pictures. The pump is moving fluid or you would shut down in 60 seconds.

Are your radiator fans connected to the H100i's splitter from the pump? If not, then zero rpm in the iCUE software is expected. If they are connected and it shows zero, that is a problem. Try swapping the two fan connectors. On that model, only one fan provides a speed reading (the connector with 4 pins). See if it can get a reading from the other.

Your pump speed is still a bit low and the N/A or zero reading is also possible if you don't give it the full 12v. Make sure the BIOS fan header supplying the cooler is set to 100% in the BIOS.

Ok I rebooted with same outcome. I made 2 videos 1 of bios one of inside the rig

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMkSIsOp3m5hlWqEy-UHU__kAMRzxbrci9VM7zX4C7KZvYaLFuQam88JxtDTEMeWA/photo/AF1QipNukw79d87MnHFtaMUqoHNQ09V4z_WL3O2B2-Vw?key=YnZpUVJuREZNR1U1V0hkOGFyaHl6V0RNVWpqZl9B

The other video isnt uploaded to my google yet. I do have a brand new Hyper evo 212 in the closet in case my aio ever died, should I get it ready if my cpu fan is reading zero?

You don't need to do interior pictures. The pump is moving fluid or you would shut down in 60 seconds.

Are your radiator fans connected to the H100i's splitter from the pump? If not, then zero rpm in the iCUE software is expected. If they are connected and it shows zero, that is a problem. Try swapping the two fan connectors. On that model, only one fan provides a speed reading (the connector with 4 pins). See if it can get a reading from the other.

Your pump speed is still a bit low and the N/A or zero reading is also possible if you don't give it the full 12v. Make sure the BIOS fan header supplying the cooler is set to 100% in the BIOS.

Ill go make sure its set to 100% now. Also the 1 fans are connected to the splitter which in turn connects to my motherboard. I have a total of 7 fans in the case, 1 120mm in front 2 80 mm one on side one on back then 1 120mm on top and 1 80mm on top plus the 2 fans that are attached to my h100i gtx

The fans are set to a pull push config, pull from front and top and push out the back and side, so air flow is moving for the other parts in the rig.

OK, I am confused now. The "1 fans are connected to the splitter which turn connects to the motherboard". Does that mean the fans are plugged into the AIO pump's splitter? I know the AIO connects back to the motherboard, but whether the fans are connected to the AIO's fan controller is critical for explaining the zero fan speed in iCUE. It's the difference between nothing is wrong and the unit won't work like it should.

There is nothing to suggest and airflow or environmental issue with your case, so the other fan stuff isn't important right now. I don't like that the pump does not register (1/2 pump speed) in the BIOS. No matter what, I would start a support ticket with Corsair to get the ball rolling in that direction in case a replacement is needed. However, there is nothing to suggest your pump is about to fail, so you don't need to put on the air tower yet.

OK, I am confused now. The "1 fans are connected to the splitter which turn connects to the motherboard". Does that mean the fans are plugged into the AIO pump's splitter? I know the AIO connects back to the motherboard, but whether the fans are connected to the AIO's fan controller is critical for explaining the zero fan speed in iCUE. It's the difference between nothing is wrong and the unit won't work like it should.

There is nothing to suggest and airflow or environmental issue with your case, so the other fan stuff isn't important right now. I don't like that the pump does not register (1/2 pump speed) in the BIOS. No matter what, I would start a support ticket with Corsair to get the ball rolling in that direction in case a replacement is needed. However, there is nothing to suggest your pump is about to fail, so you don't need to put on the air tower yet.

I have had this aio for about 2 years(I never registered it sadly) and for as long as I can recall, it never showed a fan working under CPU_Fan

Idle temps range from 28C to 45C depending on temps in the house, gaming temps range from 65 to 77C

Ill have to take the other side of the case off to double check where I have everything connected, I put as much cabling as I could on the other side of the case for best air flow possible,but I need sleep atm, Ill confirm it later when I get up. Also ty for your help in this matter.

It seems clear the unit is still working as far as cooling goes, but obviously it's not supposed to read zero rpm unless nothing is there. Nobody has a "cool 9700/9900K". You temps seem good.

Without ripping everything apart, if the fans are connected to AIO pump splitter, then you are able to control them and see them in iCUE/Link (or at least at some point in time). If it has always read 0 rpm for fans, it is probable the radiator fans are connected to the motherboard. However, something simple like a bad tach wire on one fan can be fixed in minutes by swapping the connectors vs having to RMA the fan.

Ok I checked and yes the fans are connected via the splitter.

The 1 (short cord pin female) goes into the cpu_fan header

The longer coord leads behind the pc which are many connections, 2 of which are in a splitter, but also an rfb box back there. I replaced the fans from the stock corsair fans to the same mode size and make fans, just rgb enabled about 4 month ago when I upgraded from the i7 6700k.

It never showed on that pc either, but like this 1, that one ran ok, and a little cooler, which like you say, 9700k isnt a "cool" cpu

TY again for the help, I might just buy a replacement as I dont think my 212 would be well suited for the 9700k

Anyway to give you best answer? I fixed the issue, I infact had the fans directly to the mobo and NOT into the dedicated fan inputs of the aio.

I gutted the entire PC, cleaned the dust, removed existing thermal paste, reapplied paste and reconnected all connections(with improved wire management too).

apirMyZ.png Many thanks!

Edited by ToothlessRaider
add photo