Corsair Community

LL120's - clarification on required hardware

K3rm1t_51

Going to do a case refresh and add 6 white LL120's to my case. I want to use a Commander Pro to control all 8 fans in the case (2 on the H110i) and will use splitters to bring the 8 fans into the 6 ports on the commander pro.

For the RGB component, I assume its better to run all 6 LL120's through an RGB LED Hub rather than a lighting node pro?

Hey, hey!

No, your aio is independent of the commander pro and should not be connected to it. This is to ensure that the fans on the aio run based on the coolant temp in the aio.

Your 6 ll fans will be plugged into the commander pro, the other cable connected to the rgb fan hub provided in the 3-pack of ll 120s.

The rgb fan hub will then connect to an rgb header on the commander pro.

You're all set, you're done. Enjoy.

Hey, hey!

No, your aio is independent of the commander pro and should not be connected to it. This is to ensure that the fans on the aio run based on the coolant temp in the aio.

Your 6 ll fans will be plugged into the commander pro, the other cable connected to the rgb fan hub provided in the 3-pack of ll 120s.

The rgb fan hub will then connect to an rgb header on the commander pro.

You're all set, you're done. Enjoy.

ok awesome. thanks for that note on the aio.

The package contents for the 3-pack of LL120's says it includes a lighting node pro. Is this a misprint?

Hey, hey!

It is not a misprint. This is included in the 3-pack so the RGB on the fans can be controlled but it does not include fan control or power to the fans. Anyone without a Commander Pro would simply connect the power cables of the fans, to their motherboard fan headers to draw power from.

As you're going to have a Commander Pro, this is where you will connect the power cables from the fans to, so you can control the fan speed, create curves, as well as control the RGB with iCUE software.

https://i.imgur.com/s6LvseMh.png

A Lighting Node Pro (LNP) is the software to device interface for the Lighting. A Commander Pro is a LNP + 6 port fan controller in one physical device. It's one or the other.

There is also a small 6 port RGB Lighting Hub in the box for the LL triple. That is essential. It's the lighting power for the fans and needs its own SATA power connector.