Corsair Community

Addition of non-textured space bar

rik1254

I've had the use of a Strafe a few times and every time I come to the conclusion that the space bar is horrible for typing. Don't get me wrong, it's great for gaming, but I like to slightly move my thumb over the bar during typing and this just makes it difficult.

Could you fit a standard smooth one as standard and include the textured version like you do with the additional FPS and MOAB keys?

• Corsair Employee
I've had the use of a Strafe a few times and every time I come to the conclusion that the space bar is horrible for typing. Don't get me wrong, it's great for gaming, but I like to slightly move my thumb over the bar during typing and this just makes it difficult.

Could you fit a standard smooth one as standard and include the textured version like you do with the additional FPS and MOAB keys?

The smooth spacebar for our K series KB is interchangeable with the STRAFE textured KB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
If you are really that unsatisfied with the textured space bar, submit a RMA and let support know I sent you there for a smooth space bar.

Goodday Henry,

I know this post originates from 2014 but I just registered to post this question. A few weeks ago I bought the Strafe RGB mx silent and I absolutely love it! The only thing missing is a smooth spacebar. I also use my keyboard for typing and since I do a lot of typing for school it almost feels itchy on my thumbs after a while, I just can't get used to it and it even starts to get sore. After google'ing for a smooth spacebar for this keyboard I found this thread. I am willing to pay for a normals smooth spacebar, is there anyway you could help me?

Kind regards,

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

I've contacted support through an RMA to see if any smooth space bars were available and the only response I was given was to return the keyboard. That's not exactly the solution I was looking for.

Even though only a small percentage seem to have a problem with the textured space bar, including one, since the mold already exists, would literally cost a couple of cents more.

Archived