Corsair Community

CUE Key Mapping Question

Hello all,

I'm in the market for a new mouse and keyboard and am very seriously considering picking up a K95 RGB an an M65 RGB. I'm also looking at a Roccat mouse and key setup as well, but they aren't as aesthetically pleasing, and the all-plastic build quality doesn't float my boat like the aluminum offerings from Corsair.

There's just one unknown factor that's keeping me from grabbing the Corsair equipment.

With the Roccat, you can use one of three thumb-keys to shift to a custom key mapping of the entire board for as long as it's held down. Essentially performing the same function as the M1/M2/M3 keys, but only temporarily and without having to move your hand back and forth to change bindings.

So my question, is that kind of on-the-fly shift mapping possible using the CUE software? Obviously without a dedicated key, I'd just use the spacebar or something.

Yep, that seems to be possible:

Note that the key you assign this to won't have its original function anymore. That might be something that gets added later on, though, but don't quote me on that.

Thank you! That's exactly the information I was looking for.

I figured that I'd have to give up a key for that specific purpose, but that's not a big deal. I'm guessing I could have a specific profile that uses the mode shift bindings so I can switch it back to a default QWERTY setting for work and typing, so I don't lose my space bar.

I wonder if you could map a mouse button for the same purpose?

Thank you! That's exactly the information I was looking for.

NP, there seems to be a bug with this, though. I just tried it and instead of staying in the other profile, the keyboard immediately switches back to the first. I guess it's an oversight by the developers and will be fixed.

Edit: Just saw this thread, it's a known issue, so it definitely will be fixed.

I wonder if you could map a mouse button for the same purpose?

I don't have a corsair mouse, so I don't know^^

NP, there seems to be a bug with this, though. I just tried it and instead of staying in the other profile, the keyboard immediately switches back to the first. I guess it's an oversight by the developers and will be fixed.

Edit: Just saw this thread, it's a known issue, so it definitely will be fixed.

^Yeah, that's no biggie. looks like it'll be patched up very soon indeed if that thread is any indication.

I'll be glad to stick with the Corsair theme. There's issues with CUE for sure, but it looks like they really do listen and resolve these issues as best they can.

Archived