Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

I vote for a tick box to preserve the keys default function when assigning a mode or profile change.

This would allow us to easily switch modes on holding the Shift or CTRL Keys without loosing its functionality.

A simple check box in the Mode Selection/Switching screen would be sufficient for a first quick win in my point of view.

As an alternative you could allow mode/profile switching task in makros.

This missing feature limits the use of the RGB Keyboards with Photoshop and other professional software with multi layer key assignments.

Kind regards,

Weave

Edited by Weave

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for a tick box to preserve the keys default function when assigning a mode or profile change.

This would allow us to easily switch modes on holding the Shift or CTRL Keys without loosing its functionality.

A simple check box in the Mode Selection/Switching screen would be sufficient for a first quick win in my point of view.

As an alternative you could allow mode/profile switching task in makros.

This missing feature limits the use of the RGB Keyboards with Photoshop and other professional software with multi layer key assignments.

Kind regards,

Weave

it can be done right now with this guide, http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=780724

they are looking in to making it a built in feature.

I had another idea, for the lighting effect editor I think it would be useful to have an option to delay a lighting effect by x seconds only once when the profile is started. With all repeating effects tied to the same starting point, even if you have overlapping effects of different time lengths they will eventually reach the starting pattern again leaving a gap between waves for example. A one-time configurable delay-at-start would be a good way to solve that issue.

EDIT: CUE's macro editor already has a feature for generating a random delay within a certain range - this could also be really useful in making lighting effects seem more random and quirky if we could inject random delays before repeating certain effects.

Edited by haz_mat

I have a non-lighting idea:

I remap one profile to dvorak so I can change layouts with a visual indication (it works great, super happy about it) BUT remapping each key is a huge PITA.

If I could just pick a layout from a dropdown, or an easier way to change each key than right-click->assign key->pick keylayout type-> pick key (especially annoying when you're remapping []/=-;)

It's not the end of the world, but takes 10 minutes when it should take 3 secs (dropdown) to 1 min (easier ui) - you should only have to do it once - but somehow I've had to re-set it up 3 times since I got the rgb

I would love a sleepmode for the lighting.

I just bought a Logitech G502 and in the software is a checkbox for sleepmode for lighting with a changeable timer. So for example, i set it to 15 mins and if i dont make any input on my PC the lights on my mouse switch off and back on if i make any input.

If i watch a movie or something i dont need lights on my keyboard and the lights can be very distracting if the room is dark.

I understand what you want. Something pretty similar can be done already, although I realise it's not exactly the same:

For when you leave your PC unattended:

-Set up your PC to start blank screensaver after 15 mins and "on resume, display login screen"

- create a profile where all keys are blank and save it to device memory

Now, after 15 mins, when the screensaver kicks in, or if the PC sleeps, the keyboard lights will go off until you logon again

For movies et., if you want to manually use this mode, you can obviously switch to this profile using the notification icon or a keystroke or set up another mode for your main profile that is also blank.

Edited by Jong

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's at all possible, but a feature I would absolutely love to see is a lighting effect that essentially acts as an audio visualizer for whatever sounds are playing on the PC.

Someone apparently achieved this here: [ame]

[/ame]

But I don't like the hassle of having that program running as well just to achieve an effect I can't customize to my liking anyway.

Something else I'd like to see is the colors on the keyboard dynamically based off of what's on screen. I can imagine that would be very cpu taxing however, so I would understand this not being feasible.

Something else I'd like to see is the colors on the keyboard dynamically based off of what's on screen. I can imagine that would be very cpu taxing however, so I would understand this not being feasible.

I'm actually part-way through making this, using the C# SDK wrapper seen here.

Keep your eye on the forums, I'll probably post it in the next week or so.

using the C# SDK wrapper seen here..

Nice to hear that someone is actually using this! :)

If there is anything you need in the library for what you're doing just open an issue on github. Same if something isn't clear. (I'm aware about the lack of documentation :P)

I'm not sure if it's at all possible, but a feature I would absolutely love to see is a lighting effect that essentially acts as an audio visualizer for whatever sounds are playing on the PC.

Someone apparently achieved this here:

But I don't like the hassle of having that program running as well just to achieve an effect I can't customize to my liking anyway.

What about Elestriels Spectrograph? (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=139027)?

If you care about customization, it would be nice to hear, what exactly you have in mind.

There is a simple feature that I would like to have:

When you start the CUE software from the system tray after a reboot it switches to the first profile (the first one in the alphabetically ordered profile list). This is counter-intuitive, because that may not be the one you are using. What I like to see is that it doesn't do that and keep the currently set default profile active instead. After all, that's the one activated after reboot before you started the CUE from the system tray. The second time you start the CUE in a Windows session it does load the currently set default profile. So no complaints there. It's still confusing as to why it didn't do that the first time, though.

Edited by MadIce

Another simple feature I would like to have:

The Void beeps whenever a profile is activated. It also does this during a boot. I wish I could switch off any non-critical warning beeps in cases where the Void just does it job and works as intended.

Looks like Razer now has a leg up with an Audio Visualizer.

That's pretty much what I'd like to see in CUE. Something easy to set up without having to use an external program and just run it through CUE.

If it wasnt for Kailh or whatever switches I'd have totally forgotten Corsair, but I still hear about inconsistent clicks with Razer's replica switches... and so here I wait for the reviews on the STRAFE-RGB before I make the final choice.

If it wasnt for Kailh or whatever switches I'd have totally forgotten Corsair, but I still hear about inconsistent clicks with Razer's replica switches... and so here I wait for the reviews on the STRAFE-RGB before I make the final choice.

STRAFE-RGB - worth it.

Just order it from amazon or some local business with a great return policy, if you don't like it send it back.

Edited by blaize9

Someone apparently achieved this here:

I own a lightpack which takes the colors off the monitor every 20ms and sends them to the lights that you place behind the monitor/tv and it uses about 5-10% of an I7-2700K.

The real issue is that the FPS is limited/slower when moving windows around, however during games/movies this is not an issue.

Edited by blaize9

I would like to have the CapsLock, ScrollLock and NumLock act as a true lock status indicator, much like WinLock.

One can fake that now by setting a light effect, but that way the "status" is lost during mode/profile switching.

Edited by MadIce

Here's another variation of my previous request, which is more powerful, because it can be used with any key (not just the lock keys):

In the Foreground Lighting Editor I like to see the following changes:

In addition to the two existing "Start" options (leave those as they are), have a third option with a dropdown list to select one of the following events:

- "On CapsLock is On"

- "On ScrollLock is On"

- "On NumLock is On"

- "On WinLock is On"

Example: If "On NumLock is On" has been selected and the mode starts then it checks the NumLock status and shows the lighting when it was set. It should also

start when NumLock has been switched on by the user.

In addition to the three existing "End" options (leave those as they are), have a fourth option with a dropdown list to select one of the following events:

- "On CapsLock is Off"

- "On ScrollLock is Off"

- "On NumLock is Off"

- "On WinLock is Off"

Example: If "On NumLock is Off" has been selected then the lighting should end when NumLock has been switched off.

Edited by MadIce
Added "WinLock".

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure if this should of gone under the SDK sub or not :dunno:

Now that the SDK is out it would be nice to see Corsair get in touch with some of the big game developers and implement the SDK with some of the big titles coming out in the next few months to really show it off. A great example would be Star Wars: Battlefront. Battlefield Hardline had support for Logitech LED Illumination so I'm sure similar support will be given to Battlefront and even though I'm guessing the smart coders we have here in the forums would be able to transfer the Logitech support to CUE it would be nice to see this already implemented. Also a great way to get people excited for your RGB lineup before the holidays. :naughty:

Hello !

3 Things I'd like to see in CUE:

- Being able to assign actions on keys with an optional modifier (so I can assign a keyboard action to any shortcut, like Shift+C or whatever.)

- Being able to record Mouse in Absolute Coordinates (and working with multi-monitor).

- Being able to set conditions/variables in Macro (like if a key is pressed while executing the macro, do something/else do something else). Ideally something like what you can do in VoiceAttack ;)

I have two suggestions for a future version of CUE that would be extremely useful for me, as I use the K70 RGB for my daily job editing audio and video training tutorials. This keyboard and CUE have worked extremely well for me.

2 options I would like to have:

1. In the Corsair Utility Engine Under Actions Editor/Shortcut/ Run the following program:

May we have an option to run the selected program in "Fullscreen mode"?

2. Also, in the Macros section, I've often wished that I had an option to automatically switch to another Profile after a macro has completed, and then be able to execute another macro on that profile.

Are any of the above ideas possible?

Thanks for reading,

Allen

For reactive lighting (ripple or key) to be a HSL modifier of the keys normal colour

So if the lighting is set to switch between red and blue, and the reactive lighting is set to a higher lightness, pressing a key that happens to be coloured red would become bright red, while a key that happens to be blue at the time would become bright blue

Other possibilities would be ripples that are hue inverted, adjusting to whatever the colour of the keys are at that moment