The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2018, 07:20 PM
gutcheck's PC Specs

POST ID # = 966604
gutcheck Reputation: 10
Default Does the dark core SE have some kind of indicator that is charging when on a qi pad?

How can I tell if this mouse is charging? Is there a light somewhere or anything at all?

Old 08-01-2018, 10:45 PM
Syberon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 966625
Syberon Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutcheck View Post
How can I tell if this mouse is charging? Is there a light somewhere or anything at all?
No, Dark Core SE doesn't have any light that indicates charge. When mouse placed on charging pad the all RGB lights turns to white for 1 second and return to regular color fter this. This is the only charging indicator.

Moreover, for some reason Qi charging doesn't charge battery to full. I compared battery lifetime with mouse charged with cable and with Qi charger. When mouse charged with Qi the battery discharged at ~30% faster then charged with cable.
Charging with cable - 2 full days of using mouse
Charging with Qi - less then 1.5 days.

And another "feature": mouse doesn't stop charging if it placed on Qi pad. It charges indefinitely (and gets very warm)

Old 09-11-2018, 04:35 PM
zeadlots's PC Specs

POST ID # = 972330
zeadlots Reputation: 10

I have this exact same charging issue. However, when my mouse is on my qi charging surface I did see one of the green dots on the left side slowly strobing in and out. (I believe I had my mouse turned off)

I'll doublecheck when I get home.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:30 PM

POST ID # = 972367
StrangeGeek Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeadlots View Post
I have this exact same charging issue. However, when my mouse is on my qi charging surface I did see one of the green dots on the left side slowly strobing in and out. (I believe I had my mouse turned off)

I'll doublecheck when I get home.
I don't think it matters if it's on or off. But I do believe when it's SLOWLY strobing (the mm1000 that is), it's indicating that the mouse is not correctly lined with the 'Qi Spot'... Who at CORSAIR thought 'Qi Spot' would be an ideal name?

Anyway, the back of the mouse needs to be on the... 'Qi Spot'... If it is correctly lined, then the LED indicator on the mm1000 should be solid green? Don't have it so I can't really say.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:12 PM
zeadlots's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973031
zeadlots Reputation: 10

I don't think you are understanding me. I only have samsung QI chargers. When placed on any of my qi chargers the mouse will strobe white once, then the lower most DPI speed indicator LED on the left side of the mouse will slowly strobe. This happens wether the mouse is on or off. This must be the charge indicator.

Also, my mouse will lock up after <2min and regardless of indicating that it is charging, it is not. but it sure does get HOT.....I'm trying to work with support to get this issue dealt with.

Last edited by zeadlots; 09-16-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:35 PM

POST ID # = 973056
StrangeGeek Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeadlots View Post
I don't think you are understanding me. I only have samsung QI chargers. When placed on any of my qi chargers the mouse will strobe white once, then the lower most DPI speed indicator LED on the left side of the mouse will slowly strobe. This happens wether the mouse is on or off. This must be the charge indicator.

Also, my mouse will lock up after <2min and regardless of indicating that it is charging, it is not. but it sure does get HOT.....I'm trying to work with support to get this issue dealt with.
It seems as though the Dark Core SE has a little of a heating issue when Qi charging.