The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Veggeh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 596399
Veggeh Reputation: 10
Default Vengeance 2000 software not functioning

Finally got my headset today after a week of the suppliers being idiots.

Followed the instructions in the quick-start guide, and hit the point of downloading the driver software. However, when trying to install it, the computer initially freezes, forcing a reset. After doing so, I run installation again, which succeeds. Yet the headset does not receive sound, and the application will not recognise the dongle being in the USB slot.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, going through the same freeze/reset/success routine each time. Poking around in my device manager, I have the following message:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

This applies for version 7.0.1.55 of the driver software (so my device manager says). Uninstalling the driver automatically reinstalls what I can only guess is an older version of the software (6.1.7 something-something?), and the headset picks up some sound with that, though I'm obviously missing out on the full quality experience the price tag promises.

Operating system is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, with my security suite being Bullguard (which throws up a virus warning on attempting to install the drivers, though since it hissy fits over everything I just allow it through regardless) if that makes a difference.

Any advice on how to solve this would be very much appreciated.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:04 AM

POST ID # = 596590
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

If you have the drivers installed, Uninstall it, Restart your computer and check if Symphony.sys is still in the DRIVERS (C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\Symphony.sys) folder. If it is delete the file.

Run the installer as admin and see if resolves the issue.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Veggeh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 596688

No such luck. Uninstalling it successfully removes Symphony.sys from the drivers folder. Re-ran the installation as an administrator, and still got the freezing issue. On restart, checked the drivers folder again and deleted the new Symphony.sys file that had cropped up, ran installation again, which came up with an "Unknown Error" stating that nothing had been modified.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 596851
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Refer to this post:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...5&postcount=11

Old 08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Veggeh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 596879

That was a helpful article. Though, it didn't go quite as it said, as I couldn't find the files in either my System32 folder, the registry, or the installer. Nevertheless, I extracted the installer and ran the Setup.exe from there and it went on completely fine with no fuss. I don't know if it was meant to come with any profiles by default, which the EQ patch hasn't helped if they were, but that's the least of my issues, as I can set my own up with a bit of practice fiddling.

Thank you so much for the assistance. Now I can get my money's worth from this fantastic product!