Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2019, 02:34 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993990
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhess View Post
Hi ! Can you please walk me through how to configure this fan changes with iCue and my Bios. It is driving me crazy on my new Ryzen 7 2700X build. I produce my radio show with what will be my new build but obviously with this fan ramp issue I can't use my microphone until I fix this issue to make the fans run quiet while I am recording. I have a ASUS PRIME X470 PRO Mobo. Thanks! My chassis fans are currently controlled through the Corsair Commander Pro and I can't seem to switch temperature targets from package to motherboard or any other sensor to even out the fans.
We probably need new threads for the last several entries. None of this related to the original poster’s hardware or configuration.

You have a Commander Pro. By default, those three fan presets run from CPU temp. Don’t use them. In the Performance tab, click the + symbol to create a new “cooling mode”. This is your custom curve. You have numerous choices for control in the sensor drop down menu. Make an appropriate choice. Probably not cpu temp, but at least you can now set your own points. GPU temp for case fans serves most people well enough. You can also use the temp probes from the Commander Pro to make more realistic control choices.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:42 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 994016
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

We probably need a sticky....

I'll see if Technobeard can get one made for this kind of thing tomorrow when he's in.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:05 PM
sepupcorfirms's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024377
sepupcorfirms Reputation: 10

I've had problem with using the default profiles for a long time. After experiencing the fans spinning up and down like crazy, I made a new (custom) profile and just fixed the rpm of the radiator fans.

Recently I looked into it again, and strangely enough it seems like I got it working now.

All I did was clicking on the box for the H110iGT itself. It was named "Temp0". I just changed its name ("Cooler") and long and behold the Link-software just works.

Can anyone confirm? Just changing the name of the sensor...

Using link v4.9.9.3 and everything set up fine in the uefi (bios).

Old 11-19-2019, 09:46 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024418
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepupcorfirms View Post

All I did was clicking on the box for the H110iGT itself. It was named "Temp0". I just changed its name ("Cooler") and long and behold the Link-software just works.
Temp0 is likely a motherboard temp sensor and that could be anything. The cooler is supposed to using H110i GT Temp (or coolant temperature) as the control variable. Using anything else is going to cause both control problems and be extremely inefficient for cooling. Always use the coolant temperature. That is how the device works. The rate of heat transfer from the CPU is all conductive and fixed, based on the physical properties of the metals. The cooler then holds all that heat and tries to dump it elsewhere. That is the part you control with pump and fan speeds.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:03 AM
sepupcorfirms's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024526
sepupcorfirms Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Temp0 is likely a motherboard temp sensor and that could be anything.
I had everything set up correct in the Link-software. I changed nothing but the name of the sensor... that is what's so strange. I understand quite well how the aio works, but thanks for replying :)
I also changed the sensor-name back to "Temp0" but it didn't start misbehaving again... so it looks like I can't reproduce the ramping up and down of the fans... now it just works.

IMPORTANT: Connect the AIO to the CPU fan header and set it to manual DC/PWM and 100% duty cycle in the UEFI/BIOS. (This could be a reason why the AIO isn't performing correctly - I don't think this was mentioned in the quick start guide).

Last edited by sepupcorfirms; 12-01-2019 at 02:51 PM.