Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200Mhz Kit - NO POST!

Baasha

I just put together my brand new X99 system - ASUS Rampage V Extreme, 5960X, GTX-980 Classifieds, and DDR4 3200Mhz Dominator Platinum (16GB).

When I set the Mode to "XMP" in the BIOS (running BIOS Ver. 0802), the computer does NOT POST! :mad:

I am able to run 3000Mhz all day @ 1.350V.

I set the DRAM Voltage (for A,B,C,D DIMMs) to 1.350V as recommended on the Corsair website.

However, the moment I choose 3200Mhz or more (if I run CPU Strap @ 125Hz, the DRAM Frequency jumps to 3250Mhz), there is NO POST, nothing!

PLEASE HELP!

I paid a LOT of money for this kit and expect it to run as advertised! I didn't pay to run it at a lower speed (3000Mhz).

Clear your BIOS and then restart and set XMP using a single module. Try this with all 4 modules.

Tested each module individually and three (3) work fine @ 3200Mhz - booted to windows without issue under the XMP setting.

The fourth (4th) stick won't even POST! :mad:

Obviously, that stick of RAM is dead/bad.

Glad I tested it like that instead of wasting many more hours on this!

What do I do to get a new kit since this is a 4x4 (16GB) 3200Mhz Kit? I definitely want a brand new kit since this one is dead/not working and I just got it directly from Corsair (through the website).

Also, on the website, it said the DDR4 Platinum Lighting Kit would be free with the purchase of this RAM but I never saw a place to add it - how do I get that along with the new RAM?

Please let me know the quickest way to get a brand new replacement for this RAM.

In the meantime, can I run 3 of the good sticks for 12GB of RAM? Or should I just run two since this is a quad channel kit?

Thanks.

Archived