Corsair Community

my h80i was fine,now its not cooling like it did

threebills9909

I installed the H80i and reapplied thermal paste,changed the fans to exhaust(i have a 140 mm intake and 120 as another exhaust)She ran great...i ran AIDA 64 and she wouldnt go past 50 celsius..on prime she ran at 68-70 celsius......all of a sudden she runs 70 celsius on aida and 90 celsius on prime..i reinstalled the corsair link after i seen this change and still the same.

i was thinkin to reset the cooler itself but need to know how to.

can any help here.....i dont get why this is happening when it was fine...it must be software problems

thanks

no i am not overclocking and i changed no settings,its just weird,it just gave me different result than when i ran it 2 weeks ago.The corsair link shows the fans working properly and revving up around 2k rpms when im running the stress test,so i know thats working,i just dont get how it could have a 20 degree difference than when i ran the tests the last time.

I think i found the problem.In my asus mobo (z97-AR)in BIOS there are 3 power settings power saving/normal/optimal,when i did the first test i must have had it in normal settings.When i did the test optimal the VID for the core voltage was at 1.25 and at 4.4 ghz and up to 90 celsius.I did the test on normal power settings and the VID was 1.09 volts at 4 ghz and it stayed at 65 celsius.im thinking that seeing the increase in voltage made the temps go so high.

Sounds like either to much TIM was applied or CPU heatsink is not properly seated.

Make sure you use the proper amount of TIM and follow instructions from Corsair to seat CPU heatsink (apply pressure in center of heatsink, then start to hand tightening retainers in top left corner, move to bottom right, next bottom left and finally top right corner). TIM will spread evenly and remove any air pockets if done correctly.

For testing you only need to use AIDA64, it has a burn in test, stability test and is more realistic to real world applications than other test.

Download AIDA64 Extreme

Go to settings in menu, scroll down to fire icon (stability test) and select.

For the burn in test, select Stress CPU, FPU and cache (run it for 2 hrs)

For stability test, select all above and add Memory, Disk and GPU (run for 48 hrs)

Run the burn in test first (if passes without error) then run the stability test. Run the test at stock speed to make sure there are no weak components, if it passes the test then you can start overclocking and re-run stability test.

I have this problem also, the cooler was all fine, now its loud as hell. I left my computer over the holidays, and now the cooler wont cool.

Nothing has changed, and It was completely stationary.

The pump reads 2200ish RPM, and I'm getting 70-80C on a stock i5-3570k. Before I left for vacation it was dead quite and around 60C tops when gaming, maybe 65 in OCCT stresstest. When I try and do OCCT now I simply shuts down, giving me an "85C heat warning".

The cooler is properly seated, the fans and the radiator is clean.

1.5 years, and now this.

• Corsair Employee
I have this problem also, the cooler was all fine, now its loud as hell. I left my computer over the holidays, and now the cooler wont cool.

Nothing has changed, and It was completely stationary.

The pump reads 2200ish RPM, and I'm getting 70-80C on a stock i5-3570k. Before I left for vacation it was dead quite and around 60C tops when gaming, maybe 65 in OCCT stresstest. When I try and do OCCT now I simply shuts down, giving me an "85C heat warning".

The cooler is properly seated, the fans and the radiator is clean.

1.5 years, and now this.

RMA the cooler, and have it flagged to be sent to engineering for failure analysis.

Archived