Corsair Community

Harpoon wireless mouse setting lighting effect on bluetooth

Hello I recently purchased the Harpoon wireless mouse and able to set the lighting effects through the iCUE software when I'm using the wired connection. When I switch over to bluetooth connection, I didn't have the lighting effects I've previously set, and it becomes a fast alternating rainbow RGB instead. How can I set the lighting effect for bluetooth connection too?

I got mine today and also had / have that doubt.

After some research, here's my conclusions:

- iCUE software will recognize Harpoon mouse only if its wired or 2.4G connected. If its bluetooth connected to your computer, it wont appear as a connected device, and won't apply your software profiles.

- Harpoon mouse doesn't have "hardware profile". That means the profiles you create (in which your personal lightning effects configuration are included) won't be saved onboard (on the hardware itself).

That's why when you connect the mouse over bluetooth or to a new computer (in which the iCUE software is not installed) it won't load your lightning preferences (as it won't load your software profiles).

That also means we're stuck to that standard rainbow configuration. But since brightness setting appears to be saved onboard (don't know why), we can turn RGB completely off while wired or 2.4G connected and it will remain off when over bluetooth.

That might be a workaround if you want to use the bluetooth connection (like me).

If anyone knows better, please enlighten us.

Sorry about any grammar mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
I can't believe people are forced to waste their battery when using the mouse over bluetooth or on other people's computers. Thankfully I managed to cancel my Amazon package on time. What were you thinking, Corsair? The top most voted comment on Amazon.es is a complain about this. I just found threads about this dated to when the mouse was just released... I guess I'll search for another brand lol. BTW sorry if this is not the correct place for writing this but the company needs to know.

I can't believe people are forced to waste their battery when using the mouse over bluetooth or on other people's computers. Thankfully I managed to cancel my Amazon package on time. What were you thinking, Corsair? The top most voted comment on Amazon.es is a complain about this. I just found threads about this dated to when the mouse was just released... I guess I'll search for another brand lol. BTW sorry if this is not the correct place for writing this but the company needs to know.

Specifically registered to this forum to support this comment: Absolutely ridiculous product design. No single technical justification for not being able to program lightning settings via BT; wasn't aware until it was too late to return to Amazon; First and last Corsair product, if they don't manage to change this via upcoming updates soon... Hope product designers read customer feedback...

• 3 weeks later...
I've had the Harpoon for about a year, and I only just started having this issue after the latest iCue software update. The lighting sync settings were working fine before that, even when letting the mouse "sleep" in wireless mode. The Harpoon is fine, it's the software that needs a fix.