Corsair Community

Random keys have begun flashing

Mkt777

Hey,

I've had my strafe keyboard for about 2 years now. Very recently it has a new problem with 3 of the directional arrow keys flashing rapidly when they are not set to the color blue, as well as the numpad 5 key.

I've also noticed other weird behavior. Turning off all keys, and turning on singular keys such as L, O, F9, etc makes various lights on the numpad flicker when they technically shouldn't be at all.

The keyboard has no water damage and has been taken care of fairly well, its confusing me why this would happen out of literally nowhere. Every few days I notice a new oddity that shouldn't be happening. It's REALLY distracting when I have a dynamic profile set up and any time a light other than pure blue waves across the numpad or arrow keys, they rapidly flash.

I've contacted corsairs support channels. I've done their manual flash via the hidden reset button, gone to CUE2 and 1 and etc. I've tried just about everything I could think of. I've been refused RMA and no amount of google searching has my problem in particular.

Here is a video of the flashing in question:

[ame]https://youtu.be/1KKZXC_DZ2U[/ame]

Has ANYBODY experienced this at all?

Thanks,

Mkt777

• 2 years later...
Did you ever figure this out?

I didn't think anybody would ever reply to this. After months and months with no reply I just took down the video and gave up, put my keyboard in a cupboard because the flashing was too irritating.

Sadly, no, I never figured this out. At one stage I brought it back out, used it again and it worked fine for about a week before the problem persisted. It's out of warranty, there's basically nothing I can do.

If you were curious I put the video back to unlisted, though.

I didn't think anybody would ever reply to this. After months and months with no reply I just took down the video and gave up, put my keyboard in a cupboard because the flashing was too irritating.

Sadly, no, I never figured this out. At one stage I brought it back out, used it again and it worked fine for about a week before the problem persisted. It's out of warranty, there's basically nothing I can do.

If you were curious I put the video back to unlisted, though.

Your issue appears to be worse than mine based on that video so sadly I have solution for you since I don’t even know how to fix mine.

The W key for my keyboard will only do red, no other color at all. I tried doing soft reset as some have mentioned but that didn’t do anything. Mine is out of warranty too so I feel your pain. I just keep my keyboard on solid red now.