Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB Pro SE Issue

AgentZachXDA

I've bought two of these beautiful mice, but have had the same issue from both retailers (one being Corsair's Amazon page, the other being Best Buy)...

The middle mouse wheel on both can scroll up & down, click down, click right.... but when I go to click it left, it physically "clicks" but stays to the left (hardware-wise, not software related). I've contacted support for the first one and was informed that this isn't a normal feature, but to receive two mice from two different retailers that both have the same issue seems ridiculously odd to me.

*Model# CH-9315511-NA

Would anyone be able to explain this issue? Or even better, as I'm tired of waiting for a Corsair mouse to go with the entirety of my Corsair setup, a makeshift way to fix it?

Thanks in advance if you have any info!

Sorry mate, that's just a middle (scroll wheel) click.. you will notice it performs exactly the same action as middle click. i will agree it does feel like its allowing you to perform a right click.. not the case

I'll use a different word, as I'm not sure I'm getting out what I'm trying to portray.

Does anyone know why the mouse wheel stays lodged/jammed to the left, but not the right?

because you are trying to use it in a way that's not intended buddy.. its a middle click.. up and down ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same mice and I noticed the same thing. I bought mine at Best Buy less than a week ago and had to replace it. I went to the Best Buy store and they asked me to look for the one I wanted to replace. I opened 2 new boxes of the same mice and discovered that they all have the same issue. This might be a design flaw. I just picked a random unopened Dark Core box as a replacement since I found out that the scroll wheel might be just a design flaw and to my surprised, the flaw in this one isn't as annoying. Mind you the scroll wheel is still flawed but instead of pushing the wheel to the left and hear a click, I need to push it to the right like moderately hard to make the scroll wheel go out of its position, but I can just push it back to the left to make it go back to is place. The old one is only annoying during gaming because I regularly push down the scroll wheel to ping something. Of course I'm not going to push/apply pressure to the scroll wheel at the same exact place everytime, sometimes a bit to the left sometimes a bit to the right, so when I do that the wheel just go out of its place instead of actually clicking. It would be really great if whatever thing they're using to hold the wheel actually hold the wheel tighter. I don't know if it is really a design flaw or Corsair design team intentionally did this. If it's a flaw then I hope that they help us, the customers, fix this. I'm going to keep the mice either way because I really like it and I have slipstream compatible keyboard and the Virtuoso headset so it's easy for me to overlook the flaw. Edited by dhuynh136

• 4 months later...
I too have experienced this same exact issue and requested a replacement unit from Amazon which I received today. Upon examining the newly arrived unit I find it too does not "Left Click" when pushing the scroll wheel to the left. I can't understand the reasoning behind this design decision. Clearly there is a clicking action occurring when the wheel is pressed towards the right so why not to the left as well as many other mouse manufacturers have done. For such a premium product I fail to understand the lack of full use of the wheels potential use cases. I'm going to research this further and will update with my findings.