Corsair Community

Rm650x (2017 or 2018 model) and x570 mobo compatibility

Kerstboom

Hi there!

I had a problem with my rm650x which I returned to the webshop and they got me a new one. In the meanwhile I got my new pc components, including the mobo an Asus x570 Prime pro. As much other mobos with this chipset, they have an additional 4 pin EPS power plug besides the typical 8 pin.

I know there is a lot of discussion whether to use it or not but since I don't want to risk anything it seems better to use the 4 pin anyways.

So when it came back to me I've seen that this rm650x only has one EPS cable which means there is no 4 pin (2x2) power cable.. Which means I should try to sell my PSU (Still in original plastic wrapping atm) or should I mail the webshop to check if they take it back, or maybe I can even just buy another EPS cable. But I don't know if the modular plugs on the PSU will allow me to put an extra EPS cable in and if the PSU is designed for this..?

Oh and which Corsair PSU would have this extra cable?

Oh btw this is my first build!!

Thanks for helping a desperate guy out!

Cheers!

Edited by Kerstboom
Adding question mark

• Corsair Employee
Hi there!

I had a problem with my rm650x which I returned to the webshop and they got me a new one. In the meanwhile I got my new pc components, including the mobo an Asus x570 Prime pro. As much other mobos with this chipset, they have an additional 4 pin EPS power plug besides the typical 8 pin.

I know there is a lot of discussion whether to use it or not but since I don't want to risk anything it seems better to use the 4 pin anyways.

So when it came back to me I've seen that this rm650x only has one EPS cable which means there is no 4 pin (2x2) power cable.. Which means I should try to sell my PSU (Still in original plastic wrapping atm) or should I mail the webshop to check if they take it back, or maybe I can even just buy another EPS cable. But I don't know if the modular plugs on the PSU will allow me to put an extra EPS cable in and if the PSU is designed for this..?

Oh and which Corsair PSU would have this extra cable?

Oh btw this is my first build!!

Thanks for helping a desperate guy out!

Cheers!

You can purchase an additional EPS12v power cable from the Corsair webstore. Specifically just make sure you get a Type 4 EPS cable.

THANKS FOR THE FAST REPLY, really great!!! Does it matter where i plug it into on the PSU ?

Also can you give me a recommendation about where to buy the cable?

It says its out of stock and none other sellers either..

I live in belgium btw

Thanks

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-4-Sleeved-black-8-pin-%284%2B4%29-ATX12V-EPS12V-Cable%2C-compatible-with-all-CORSAIR-type-4-pin-out-PSU/p/CP-8920141

• Corsair Employee

If that one is currently out of stock you could use the notification feature or there is also this one that will work.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Premium-Individually-Sleeved-EPS12V-ATX12V-Cables-Type-4-Gen-4/p/CP-8920236