Corsair Community

Issues with K95 RGB Platinum - Lagging Keys

SkieStrife

I've encountered an issue with my K95 RGB Platinum ever since I've upgraded to the latest version of iCUE (3.10.125) and the Keyboard Firmware (3.21.7168).

Now whenever I type, I've noticed that occasionally the cursor will stop in place for about 1/4th of a second, before suddenly spitting out everything that was typed in that moment. The last key that was pressed before the cursor stops in place will be considered "held", until the time has passed and the cursor catches up.

This is apparent in games, where I will continue moving in the direction last pressed if I let go of the key until the keyboard catches up.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

This is driving me up the wall and is affecting gameplay.

Tested with my older keyboard and while it did it far less, it still did it. Primary game I've been playing recently is Destiny 2.

I know D2 is a P2P network game, so I have to wonder if that's the greater culprit.

Additionally, seems to happen less when I set my case fans to max.

Is it overheating USB controller that's the cause? Poor motherboard BIOS? Poor network connection?

• 2 weeks later...
I've encountered an issue with my K95 RGB Platinum ever since I've upgraded to the latest version of iCUE (3.10.125) and the Keyboard Firmware (3.21.7168).

Ok, seems stopping MysticLight2_Service (services.msc) and killing LEDKeeper.exe process fixed my keypress/release lag in Destiny 2. It's RGB lighting control software for my MSI motherboard. Also, while it occured in borderless window mode, it wasn't occurring in fullscreen mode. I run D2 in this mode b/c otherwise it doesn't apply color filter I use for night time gaming.

Ok, seems stopping MysticLight2_Service (services.msc) and killing LEDKeeper.exe process fixed my keypress/release lag in Destiny 2. It's RGB lighting control software for my MSI motherboard. Also, while it occured in borderless window mode, it wasn't occurring in fullscreen mode. I run D2 in this mode b/c otherwise it doesn't apply color filter I use for night time gaming.

My god... Slaithe, you're right! I have an MSI GODLIKE Carbon, and the MSI crapware is a little different, but if I kill EVERYTHING associated with MSI's software (GamingApp, MSILED, OSD32 and OSD64, etc.... suddenly the lag on the keyboard completely disappears.

What in the actual....

If by some strange coincidence a Corsair or MSI rep stop by this thread, do you guys/gals have any explanation for this conflict?

In the mean time, if anyone else is having this issue and is packing an MSI motherboard, this might be the ace in the hole to get your keyboard working right again!

Archived