Corsair Community

Old k60 repeating issue.

woolanator

I have one of the old corsair K60s with the numpad on the side i got it from ebuyer as it was going to be discontinued and was a massive bargain. when i got it i plugged it into my pc and all of the letter keys and numbers above the letters worked apart from 5 and 6, apart from that all other symbols don't work. also upon pressing anything that is not a letter it seems to just freaks out and repeat key presses from any random function key (ctrl, alt, play/pause etc.) to stop this i have to unplug the keyboard. for example i pressed the windows key lock button and it decided to start playing music on spotify then skip through the whole playlists songs and keep ALT held down.

I have tried flashing the firmware up to the latest 1.34 on my main computer but this resulted in the usb devices not being recognised half way through and saying that it has failed. i then did this on a laptop where it said the firmware update was successful but all of the same problems still exsist. all of these firmware updates were done through USB 2.0.

if anyone has any insight before i return this that would be great as RMA is a little hassle and id prefer just to fix it if i can.

thank you

Archived