Corsair Community

LL fans blinking random colors

Lammchop93

Within the last week or so, all 6 of my LL fans blink random colors. If I have a static profile on, a few sections of the fans are the incorrect color. If I activate a profile that changes color, it will switch between the correct profile, to random blinks of various colors.

I tried updating the LFP firmware, and updating icue, but the issue still persists. The only "fix" I have been able to find is that if I unplug any fan from the LED hub, all of the fans "after" it work fine, and the ones in front have the blinking issue. This is regardless of which one I unplug. If I unplug fan 4, 1-3 work correct, and 5-6 blink and do whatever they want.

Hardware issue? I just ordered a commander pro on Newegg, since ive been wanting one anyway for better fan speed control, and they had a $15 coupon available.

• 2 weeks later...

The Commander Pro is not part of this. The two elements of concern are the RGB Hub supplying lighting power and the fans themselves. Those items work in series, so a defect at LED #4 on fan #2 will stop things there. Sometimes the problem makes itself easy to identify with one half lit fan. If all your fans are scrambled, look at the fan in slot #1.

Since you already have a new hub, I think you can ignore the probability of two defective ones for now. Take each fan and plug it into port #1. One of those is likely to show the issue and that is the one that needs to be replaced.

The Corsair Support link is in the header above as "Support Ticket System".

The Commander Pro is not part of this. The two elements of concern are the RGB Hub supplying lighting power and the fans themselves. Those items work in series, so a defect at LED #4 on fan #2 will stop things there. Sometimes the problem makes itself easy to identify with one half lit fan. If all your fans are scrambled, look at the fan in slot #1.

Since you already have a new hub, I think you can ignore the probability of two defective ones for now. Take each fan and plug it into port #1. One of those is likely to show the issue and that is the one that needs to be replaced.

The Corsair Support link is in the header above as "Support Ticket System".

Thank you. It was fan 2 that is causing the issue.