Corsair Community

Radiator support in the 280x

JM54425

Hey, I’d love to know if anyone’s using a front mounted 280mm radiator in the 280x case as I’m looking to upgrade my case. I noticed that the product page says a 280mm radiator can be mounted at the top but not the front. I’d much rather front mount a radiator for better cpu temps and the top looks extremely restrictive in terms of exhaust air flow. The front looks like it has plenty room and has mounting for 2 140mm fans. In addition could anyone comment on how much this would effect maximum gpu length, I think the max length of 300mm is factoring in a radiator but I’m unsure.

Thanks for the help!

The 280x does not fit a 280mm radiator up front. It can fit on top but with only 120mm fans up front as well. The 300mm GPU length is with the fans installed also.

Really?! The manual of that case says something else and that was the whole reason for me to buy the case. The manual linked here states 280mm radiator support top, front and bottom (bottom probably with an ITX board). The front has mounting holes for 140mm fans so ...