Corsair Community

iCUE Not detecting devices

Jlively

Hello, I recently purchased a new PC with Corsair RGB RAM, light strips, and LL120 Fans. I've been having an issue with Corsair LINK that whenever I shut down my PC and restart it the software can't control anything (Even though it sees them). I decided to switch over to iCUE to see if it would fix the problems. Now in the dashboard I can see my Vengeance RAM, but nothing else. When I goto add a new item (Through the '+' beside dashboard) I see everything except the fans and strips. Something weird I noticed though is the Motherboard has 4 fans listed, (I have a total of 4) 3 are the LL's and 1 is a generic case fan.

Thanks for your time!

The "+" in the Dashboard doesn't add new items to iCue; it allows you to select from what's is available for monitoring and adds it to your Dashboard.

Light strips and fans need to be configured on the appropriate lighting channel on a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) or Commander Pro (CoPro). You don't mention which of these you have; if it's the NoPro, you won't see it in the Dashboard. You will, however, see it on the home screen. From there, you can click on the NoPro and add items to the appropriate Lighting Channel under "Lighting Setup". Check out my "Getting Started" video (linked below).

The "+" in the Dashboard doesn't add new items to iCue; it allows you to select from what's is available for monitoring and adds it to your Dashboard.

Light strips and fans need to be configured on the appropriate lighting channel on a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) or Commander Pro (CoPro). You don't mention which of these you have; if it's the NoPro, you won't see it in the Dashboard. You will, however, see it on the home screen. From there, you can click on the NoPro and add items to the appropriate Lighting Channel under "Lighting Setup". Check out my "Getting Started" video (linked below).

I have the NoPro's (2 to be exact). On the home screen all I see under devices is my RAM.

Edit: I was able to control them before through corsair LINK, but not anymore.

Edited by Jlively

So ... 1 of the Node Pros is visible to Link and to USBDeView. And you still aren't seeing this in iCue?

Can you try exiting iCue and then restarting the Corsair Service from the services applet?

Where do you have the USB connections for the NoPros connected?

So ... 1 of the Node Pros is visible to Link and to USBDeView. And you still aren't seeing this in iCue?

Can you try exiting iCue and then restarting the Corsair Service from the services applet?

Where do you have the USB connections for the NoPros connected?

Ok tried restarting and that didn't work. Actually just opened up the PC for the first time (Bought a custom pre-built from cyberpowerpc) It seems I actually only have 1 Node Pro, but then I have a fan hub (With the fans plugged into it) that is plugged into the node pro. Does this matter at all?

How they set it up:

LL120-Fans>CorsairHUB>1Cable into the PSU, other cable into the NodePro (Just a quick side note I also have Corsair RGB strips(4) all chained together which is plugged into the NodePro)> The NodePro has one cable leading to the PSU, and another plugged into a USB port on the MB.

A NoPro connected to a Fan Hub is the correct installation. So ... we aren't missing a NoPro. That's good. And it sounds like it's all configured correctly. The RGB strips should be daisy-chained. Make sure that the fans are plugged into the Fan Hub sequentially (1-2-3-4).

And iCue still isn't seeing your single Lighting Node Pro?

Can you check your BIOS and make sure the Legacy USB Support and XHCI handoff are enabled? I'm a little baffled that USBDeView and Link both see the NoPro but iCue does not, especially since iCue uses the same detection functionality as Link. So if one sees it, the other should as well.

If none of that works, I would suggest a full uninstall of iCue (have it delete all files/profiles/etc), reboot and reinstall.

A NoPro connected to a Fan Hub is the correct installation. So ... we aren't missing a NoPro. That's good. And it sounds like it's all configured correctly. The RGB strips should be daisy-chained. Make sure that the fans are plugged into the Fan Hub sequentially (1-2-3-4).

And iCue still isn't seeing your single Lighting Node Pro?

Can you check your BIOS and make sure the Legacy USB Support and XHCI handoff are enabled? I'm a little baffled that USBDeView and Link both see the NoPro but iCue does not, especially since iCue uses the same detection functionality as Link. So if one sees it, the other should as well.

If none of that works, I would suggest a full uninstall of iCue (have it delete all files/profiles/etc), reboot and reinstall.

Went into BOIS and couldn't find any of what you were talking about. (Even researching online turned up nothing). The restart seemed to fix it though as I can now control everything perfectly fine from within iCUE. Thank you for the help!

I'll update later if it starts acting up again.

Edit: Is there any way inside of iCUE to rearrange the order in which the some of the effects control the fans? Or would I just have to unplug and re-arrange their order physically?

Edited by Jlively

Edit: Is there any way inside of iCUE to rearrange the order in which the some of the effects control the fans? Or would I just have to unplug and re-arrange their order physically?

Not at this time, no. You would have to rearranged them physically.

• 6 months later...

Hi, i have reacentrly bought a new computer with rgb all over the place. 2 LL120 fans, 2 HD fans (these came inside my Corsair spec-omega rgb case) and the led strip on front of my case. Oh yeah i also have Corsairs vengeance pro rgb ram sticks (2)

Icue is detecting the rgb ramsticks and the spec-omega rgb case, but not the fans that are controlled via a usb hub that goes into my Node Pro.

I would really hope someone could help me with this.

(Also i have installed corsair link, but link does not detect my ram sticks and it has less options).

Thanks in advance

System info Corsair Ique.zip

• 7 months later...

Hi, after over a month with Corsair support tickets we came to the answer that iCue is best for keyboards: I.E. the Corsair RGB series of MX keyboards for instance... but when it comes to the commander Mini which is used for controlling fan speeds it is recommended to install Corsair Link 4 version 4.9.9.3 which runs great on current Windows version as of May 25 2019.

Hope this helps you guys out.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi, after over a month with Corsair support tickets we came to the answer that iCue is best for keyboards: I.E. the Corsair RGB series of MX keyboards for instance... but when it comes to the commander Mini which is used for controlling fan speeds it is recommended to install Corsair Link 4 version 4.9.9.3 which runs great on current Windows version as of May 25 2019.

Hope this helps you guys out.

not best for keyboards.

my K57 wireless is also not detected at all after updating or clean install.

Only some older version seem to work. (keyboard is working though as i am typing this on it)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hello everyone, not knowing how to make a new conversation I write here: I bought a package of 3 LL RGB fans (with their controllers) but iCUE does not detect the fans, in the sense, it detects the lighting node core but if I try to set the led in a static color or not does not change color (remains in rainbow mode)

PLEASE HELP ME :(

• 3 months later...

Goto:

C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\plugins

Or, wherever you've installed iCUE to...

I deleted all the folders in the plugins folder except, ASUS, Nvidia, and OriginPC. I just deleted the folders that didn't apply to my PC, and that fixed the problem not detecting my devices, and the consequent crashing to desktop... I don't know why Corsair hasn't figured this out yet...