Corsair Community

H00i Platinum SE + LL120 light issue

Headz

Hi, I've got a problem with the lights in my setup. I've got H100i Platinum SE with LL120 fans and 4 more case fans (LL120) in total 6 fans plus LED strip from Corsair. All 6 fans are connected to node pro. For some reason If I choose white static colour only the LED strip emits pure white. The rest so 6 fans and the pump emits yellow colour. I'm running all the latest firmware and software. One more thing with the pump it keeps changing the colour from the "purple" (rgb13,0,255) to some washed pink randomly when I have it set to that purple colour.

I tried connecting 2 LL120 on the radiator to the h100i RGB sockets but that didn't change anything. Also tried to swap the LED strip with the 6 fans channels but no luck here as well. So the only white colour I'm getting is from LED strip. The rest is yellow with the pump's RGB acting really weird in changing the colour to some pink from purple. Pictures attached below.

Please let me know how can I fix this or do I need to send anything for warranty? Thanks.

P.S. How to upload image files so they are visible in the post, thanks. I just tried imgur but that didn't work at all.

20200726_215947.thumb.jpg.862e8161736b49be0b828252e29c2331.jpg

20200726_220027.thumb.jpg.1741f79207417dbef8316897dac72adc.jpg

Edited by Headz

• 2 weeks later...
No replies at all. Will need to contact corsair support. I managed to get rid off that issue with changing color on the pump from purple to pink by connecting through internal hub (got the nzxt one) but white is still yellow not white.

It seems like you are a bit light on blue value. What's odd is that it is uniform across the fans and the LED ring on the cooler. Those are separate LEDs and separate lighting controllers. That would seem to make a hardware issue unlikely, but try setting 0/255/0 blue (or better use the instant lighting blue) to compare color depth.

You can try running a repair install of iCUE. Windows Settings -> Apps -> Corsair iCUE. Left click and select modify. It will not remove your settings, but I am not overly hopeful this will resolve it.

You may also want to try loading up without your current lighting configurations to check for some type of error there. 1) Quit iCUE. 2) Go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming and cut and paste the "Corsair" folder to the desktop. Those are all you settings and profiles. 3) Re-launch iCUE. It will create new default configurations. Do a quick instant lighting check on R-B-G and white. If it does not work, quit iCUE, drop that Corsair folder back into the Roaming folder replacing the one just created, then reload iCUE to return all your settings and profiles.

Aside from that, I am not sure how much you can do on this end. I have seen single fans or LEDs go off color, but not multiple components in the same way.

• 4 weeks later...
It seems like you are a bit light on blue value. What's odd is that it is uniform across the fans and the LED ring on the cooler. Those are separate LEDs and separate lighting controllers. That would seem to make a hardware issue unlikely, but try setting 0/255/0 blue (or better use the instant lighting blue) to compare color depth.

You can try running a repair install of iCUE. Windows Settings -> Apps -> Corsair iCUE. Left click and select modify. It will not remove your settings, but I am not overly hopeful this will resolve it.

You may also want to try loading up without your current lighting configurations to check for some type of error there. 1) Quit iCUE. 2) Go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming and cut and paste the "Corsair" folder to the desktop. Those are all you settings and profiles. 3) Re-launch iCUE. It will create new default configurations. Do a quick instant lighting check on R-B-G and white. If it does not work, quit iCUE, drop that Corsair folder back into the Roaming folder replacing the one just created, then reload iCUE to return all your settings and profiles.

Aside from that, I am not sure how much you can do on this end. I have seen single fans or LEDs go off color, but not multiple components in the same way.

Thanks for your help, I'm gonna try that out. Btw the problem with the pump LED came back which is really frustrating. I don't know whether there was an update but after plugging everything through NZXT internal hub the pump's LED worked fine ( meaning no changing from purple to pink or deep blue 0/0/255 to some bleak blue). I'm not really sure what to do about it. Regarding the white issue gonna try those 2 methods above, many thanks.

Ok just tried that out. But no love unfortunately. When I chose instant white light the pump LED is even more orangy than the LED fans. LED fans are yellowy and tiny green. Wheres pump's LED is yellowy-orange. The only thing that works is LED strip that emits pure white the rest just doesn't work as intended. And another problem which really frustrates me is that changing colour on the pump. I thought that NZXT internal hub fixed the issue but it just came back. Spend £20 for nothing really :( I would just forget that white as I'm actually using blue and violet colours but the pump changing from violet to some reddish pink is just killing me. Im thinking of sending this back to Corsair as this just doesn't work as intended. Now the questions is what should I sent back? The whole H100i AIO, or also the bridge with 2 ports?

I'm gonna try and change the configuration but I've already tried that with no positive result. This is really frustrating when you buy the whole setup and it just doesn't work as intended.

Edit1 Wonder if I can attach a video of this weird behaviour of the pump's LED changing colour.

Edit2 I think by clearing the settings it helped with the changing colour but need to give it a little bit more time as its always random when this happens

Edited by Headz

My best guess is there is a problem with the lighting controller, but I don't understand why the AIO does it as well.

If you never contacted Corsair Support, now would be the time to do so.

Oh right ok, I will do that then. Many thanks.