Notices

Old 07-04-2020, 04:56 AM
N14hta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1052789
N14hta Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by williambonomo View Post
Well done Craig.

I also got around this. I've bought a replacement lift from amazon (specs attached).

It was easier than I thought to change.

1 - I've detached the base from the seat (removing the four screws).

2 - Using a hammer I beat the base (seat side) until it was released from the lift (thinner part). You don't need to beat strongly, give medium force bangs every corner. If you have the chair for a long time, I'd recommend applying some WD40 to help it to be released.

3 - Using the hammer aside I gave some beats on the bottom part of the lift, holding the wheels base with one hand.

I haven't used WD40 to help it slide off because my chair is almost new, got it only 3 weeks, I think it's worth to try though.

After installing the new lift, the collapsed height is the previous maximum height.
If you're less than 1.80m tall, I'd suggest trying a smaller lift or Craig's solution.
This is a good alternative if its out of warranty however Corsair should be taking responsibility for this, we shouldn’t have to fix a poor design fault ourselves. Im guessing nearly every T1 Race manufactured must be suffering this issue with the gas lift.

I was given a whole new chair as I was having issues with the locking mechanism with the lift as well as the poor lift height and the problems with the height of the gas lift are exactly the same with the replacement. What are the odds of that happening?

Contacted support again and its more of an agonising wait for a response.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:07 AM
mylesmoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1053163
mylesmoo Reputation: 10

Same has happened to me. Bought the Corsair T1 Race 2018 Black/Red Gaming Chair from eBuyer in December 2019. My girlfriend noticed that my chair was tearing up the carpet, and I assumed it was the wheels. Upon further inspection, the gas lift canister is scraping the floor and pulling chunks of carpet out.

I've tried hammering it and have managed to budget it ~1cm so it's no longer in contact, but for how long? Also have wrapped the rough edges of the metal with gaffa tape to try and save my carpet lol.

Will get in touch with support and see what happens next...

https://i.imgur.com/jHqUrxa.jpg

Edit: I've raised an RMA request with Corsair support - will update as soon as I know more. For anyone who does the same, make sure you take a picture of the bottom of the seat, you'll find the product code (begins with 'C') and serial number there.

Last edited by mylesmoo; 07-07-2020 at 04:30 AM.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:11 PM
vaibhav6349's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1053201
vaibhav6349 Reputation: 10
Default I wish I Had not brought this Piece of Crap

Unfortunately i bought this chair last month only to discover this issue and then realizing i am not the only one.
What surprises me more is that none of the reviews anywhere highlight this major design problem. I will damn make sure I do my part here.
To add to the miseries, there is no dedicated customer support/stores in India for Corsair (you have to coordinate everything from the US Toll Free Support. Enter a ticket with them and then they will transfer it to someone in India and then he will assist... I hope you understand the whole workaround that goes)

Coming back to the resolution, I have entered a ticket after seeing all my "Brothers in Pain" and I am being asked for
1. Product Info:
2. Part Number:
3. Serial Number:

Can someone please advise where can i find these 3?

The sticker (containing the Bar-code) at the bottom of the chair depicts
1. 12 digit number starting with 00..........
2. A Number in the Format CF-7 digits-WW

Any help here would be greatly appreciable.

I mean no hate... but i have seriously started doubting the Corsair Products now.
The Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard had keys popping off and hitting my face when i used to type
Now, this chair is a Bummer. Don't even ask how tough it is for a normal user to dismantle the parts and take them for RMA. I was fortunate enough to go through the Knowledge base here, but, just think of someone who does not

(Dear CORSAIR, not everyone keeps a Rubber Mallet and WD40 in their homes).

I will keep everyone posted here on the developments...
Old 07-07-2020, 01:35 PM
mylesmoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1053204

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav6349 View Post

1. Product Info:
2. Part Number:
3. Serial Number:

Can someone please advise where can i find these 3?

The sticker (containing the Bar-code) at the bottom of the chair depicts
1. 12 digit number starting with 00..........
2. A Number in the Format CF-7 digits-WW

Any help here would be greatly appreciable.
The CF number is your part number and the other one is the serial. The product info I guess would be the product name, i.e., Corsair T1 2018
Old 07-13-2020, 07:06 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1053874
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

That's correct. For your ticket, could you PM me the number so I can ask for extra eyes on it?
Old 07-14-2020, 07:54 AM
mylesmoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1053926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Mint View Post
That's correct. For your ticket, could you PM me the number so I can ask for extra eyes on it?
I've sent you mine -- thanks, appreciate it
Old 07-14-2020, 09:55 PM
adrianomr1977's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1053991
adrianomr1977 Reputation: 10

I see the I'm not the only one scratching the floor with a T1 race gaming chair. I just submitted my ticket. I really hope CORSAIR can help me. At least with my gaming chair since I'll have to spend some money to fix my wooden floor.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:45 AM

POST ID # = 1054174
adr Reputation: 10

Hi, I thought this is normal at first, but it started to get annoying from the moment i started hearing a knocking sound every time i sat down (gas lift hitting the floor, then staying there ready to scratch everything).

Here are some pics of mine:

https://ibb.co/LPG6Rcn - Not sitting on it
https://ibb.co/6FXwknW - Not sitting on it
https://ibb.co/QFKYBsS - Sitting on it

Submitted an RMA, and I'm waiting for the response, will let you all know how it goes.

Last edited by adr; 07-16-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:17 AM
mylesmoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1054180

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmoo View Post
Edit: I've raised an RMA request with Corsair support - will update as soon as I know more. For anyone who does the same, make sure you take a picture of the bottom of the seat, you'll find the product code (begins with 'C') and serial number there.
Corsair have replied to the ticket and are sending replacement parts under warrenty. I've asked them to send both a replacement canister & wheels/legs as the two are completely stuck together at the moment.

Fingers crossed this new one is the correct size, else I'll need to modify it before use.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:39 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1054669
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr View Post
Hi, I thought this is normal at first, but it started to get annoying from the moment i started hearing a knocking sound every time i sat down (gas lift hitting the floor, then staying there ready to scratch everything).

Here are some pics of mine:

https://ibb.co/LPG6Rcn - Not sitting on it
https://ibb.co/6FXwknW - Not sitting on it
https://ibb.co/QFKYBsS - Sitting on it

Submitted an RMA, and I'm waiting for the response, will let you all know how it goes.
Woah! It definitely shouldn't be touching the ground when you sit in it. If you haven't yet, could you send PM me your ticket number?
Old 07-21-2020, 09:18 AM
mylesmoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1054734

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmoo View Post
Corsair have replied to the ticket and are sending replacement parts under warrenty. I've asked them to send both a replacement canister & wheels/legs as the two are completely stuck together at the moment.

Fingers crossed this new one is the correct size, else I'll need to modify it before use.
So Corsair have sent a new gas canister, however, I'm unable to dislodge the old one despite my best efforts. I've used WD40 and tried to wiggle it free, knock it free, and even used my full body weight to no avail.

I've responded to the open ticket I have with Corsair, asking that they kindly supply a new five-spoke wheel and tilt mechanism assembly. See what happens next!

Last edited by mylesmoo; 07-21-2020 at 09:18 AM. Reason: words
Old 07-27-2020, 06:08 PM
adrianomr1977's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1055568
adrianomr1977 Reputation: 10

Corsair sent me replacement parts super fast and I was able to replace the gas lift canisters on my two T1 (2018) gaming chairs. The first one was really stuck but with a rubber hammer I got it loose.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:08 AM

POST ID # = 1056532
Purplefox Reputation: 10

I have the same problem, bought it last year and it has gradually gotten worse, its almost like they made the hole for the gas lift a little larger so it could sit lower but because of this the gas lift is gradually slipping through the hole.

The gas lift on my chair is now touching the floor on carpet or hard flooring and as you can see on the picture the carpet is not plush.

I have opened an RMA but I'm a bit concerned that people are being sent new gas lifts when the issue is clearly to do with the base.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Piston marks.jpg (1.59 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Piston.jpg (2.39 MB, 22 views)
Old 08-06-2020, 10:11 AM

POST ID # = 1056668
yogesh94 Reputation: 10
Default How do I raise a request to solve this?

Hey,

I got my chair today and like the rest of you, the height is really small. How do I fill in the form to get new gas lift and base sent?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200806_140747.jpg (2.31 MB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 20200806_140520.jpg (2.42 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 20200806_140530.jpg (2.27 MB, 23 views)
Old 08-06-2020, 10:14 AM

POST ID # = 1056670
yogesh94 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Mint View Post
Woah! It definitely shouldn't be touching the ground when you sit in it. If you haven't yet, could you send PM me your ticket number?
Hey, could you tell me how do get this resolved? Having the same issue as the others and not sure what forms to fill out.

Tags
chair, gaming chair, race, t1