Corsair Community

Combining types of lighting on same node

Ridilen

Hey all,

New to CORSAIR lighting and I have a couple of questions.

Already have 4 Vengeance RGB PRO.

Looking at getting:

- two LL120 triple pack with lighting node pro

- Extra LL120 fan

- RGB strip lighting kit

- RGB CPU cooler.

Can I configure iCUE so that one lighting control hub runs different types of devices?

I am looking to make two configurations.

4 LL120 fans

1 CPU cooler

3 LL120 fans

3 LED strips

Also, does the lighting node pro header use one or two USB I/Os?

Thx.

Each device or channel will act like its own lighting group. If you put 4xLL and some LED strips on channels 1 & 2 of a Lighting Node Pro, they will share a usb connection back to the MB/software, but they still act and need to be programmed independently.

Corsair AIO coolers need a usb Commander connection for software control of the fans and pump. Those coolers that are lighting capable also control their pump LED through this as well, no lighting controller required. The Platinum series coolers do have an onboard lighting controller, but it is for its two RGB fans that come with the unit. For other controller coolers, the fan RGB wires go back to the Node Pro like the other case fans.

For what you have listed, you will need 3 USB 2 ports on the MB. Most MBs have only 1-2, so you likely need a USB 2 hub or a USB 3->2 adapter. 1 for the Cooler and one for each Node Pro (LLx4 and LLx3/strips). You will have one RGB channel left over on the first Node Pro.