Corsair Community

New PC build using Crystal 570X case - computer treats sleep like reboot

Zsciaeount

I know there have been prior discussions on sleep issues with iCue installed. I have a slightly different problem.

New PC build into the 570X crystal series case. AORUS Master motherboard, Ryzen 9 3900x. Essentially everything else, from the RAM to the cooler to my peripherals are Corsair.

When I try to put the computer to sleep, the screen will indeed sleep, but the computer's front fans (I upgraded the fans and lighting node) don't turn off... they just go from the rainbow pattern to a solid white, but they keep spinning. My keyboard and mouse go dark. However, my Vengeance RAM and the H100i cooler remain lit and cycling through the rainbow, however.

If I just let the computer go to sleep out of non-activity, when I wake it up, it pops right back on (though the OS in on an NVME drive), but when it does, all of my taskbar programs restart (Steam, GOG Galaxy, etc) as if it's a fresh reboot.

If I use the start menu to put the system to sleep, again, it goes to sleep in the same fashion, and will still wake up to a mouse movement, but in this case, the system wakes and I get the BIOS splash screen and boot information, like it's a cold boot!

This is driving me nuts. I was so excited to make this build inside this beautiful but challenging case, and it's just not been as smooth as my other builds.

What is the issue? I am fully up to date all around. I have not yet started to OC the system, so the only thing I've changed in the BIOS is activate XMP. All drivers are current.

Is it the case, which lacks a reset function? Is it iCUE? Is it something else?

It doesn't sound like an issue with iCUE at all.

When I try to put the computer to sleep, the screen will indeed sleep, but the computer's front fans (I upgraded the fans and lighting node) don't turn off... they just go from the rainbow pattern to a solid white, but they keep spinning. My keyboard and mouse go dark. However, my Vengeance RAM and the H100i cooler remain lit and cycling through the rainbow, however.

This indicates that they are still getting power.

If I use the start menu to put the system to sleep, again, it goes to sleep in the same fashion, and will still wake up to a mouse movement, but in this case, the system wakes and I get the BIOS splash screen and boot information, like it's a cold boot!

That sounds like it has hibernated.

I would look into your settings related to power management and sleep. It certainly has nothing at all to do with the lack of a reset button.

Appreciate the reply, but I do not think that is it. The power settings are configured such that the computer should properly sleep, and hibernate is wholly deactivated as an option, so it did not hibernate. I definitely put it to sleep using the start menu.

So, any other ideas from anyone?

So, now, after updating my mobo BIOS, using the start menu to put the computer to sleep initially puts the monitor to sleep, then the fans stay lit but go solid white. Then the computer reboots to the Windows login screen.

This is my first time with AMD, but I know it's not my CPU.

Is it the mobo?

One other thing that is occasionally happening is that USB drops and reconnects (case USB connected to the USB type A header), which happens in just a second or two, but it speaks to funkiness with my mobo.

Chrome treats the wake from sleep like it hard crashed.

Edited by Zsciaeount

• 2 weeks later...