Corsair Community

Dark Core Lag/Disconnecting problems

Sybre

So I purchased my FIRST Dark core about 2 weeks ago. After getting it set up I immediately noticed in wireless mode my mouse will lag, randomly spike along my screen, and sometimes get completely displaced and get put to my secondary monitor, all the way to the top left corner.

I took all the steps online to "ensure" a good connection, still had the problem so I contacted Corsair via twitter. They basically told me that I had a bad mouse and to return it for a new one...

Now on my SECOND Dark core, and I immediately have the same problems. I noticed the problems happen when the ICUE app has :!: mark next to it. Even though my receiver is <1 foot away from my mouse, it's still having connection issues. Unless the firmware is still busted (I wouldn't be surprised) the only thing I can even think is causing a problem is my router (which runs at 2.4GHZ) that's ~6 feet away.

So first off, is anyone else having this issue? I know it was a problem in the past, but I feel like I can't be alone. The posts on this forum are all duds that don't have any good info on them. Second, if you are having this issue, are you close to a router? I'm grasping at straws here at this point, and I don't even think I can return my second mouse.

I was checking the forum to see if this has been fixed.

Posted the same things 1-2 month ago (cursor warping, "!" on the Cue/iCue icon), I also try to explain that to Corsair support.

The just don't care, they keep giving generic answers ignoring the problem.

I ended up returning 2 mices, is a shame because I kinda liked the product overall.

I think that they are aware of this problem but don't know how to fix it, because some time ago there are thread on this forum about similar problem with scimitar mouse (jumps to top left corner) and one of the Corsair stuff replied that they thought this problem was only with wireless mice

This issue is not related to router - i have only 5Ghz Wi-Fi (and no other neighbour networks in air) and it not interfering with mouse 2.4Ghz channel.

I assume you disabled the 2.4GHz on the router then, because they come with both enabled by default.

Well, it feels good that I'm not alone in this situation. With that said, having problems with the wireless connection, ICUE breaking my macros, and poor customer support, I think I'm going to be returning this mouse as well. It's a real damn shame too. I like the button layout, I like how big it is, and I like the right fin.

However, I didn't spend $90 to compromise on features such as never using it wirelessly, having redundant wireless charging due to always needing it wired, having ICUE making me remake my macros on startup for them to even work, and finally having customer support give me the run-around so they don't need to admit their products are bunk.

I will now be avoiding Corsair peripherals just like I do with RAZERs. Thanks for all the info guys!

Today after my PC is wake up from sleep mode my Dark Core starts to infinitely jumping to top left corner of screen after every 2-3 seconds. I connected another mouse and exit iCUE application in tray. After this Dark Core starts to work normally.

that do something ... update the mouse and icue!

I love corsair and its products and I am amazed at these problems!

My friends and I have to have new headphones and I would have liked the VOID Pro ... but seeing all these problems I think we will opt for something else.

• 1 year later...