Corsair Community

4 XMS XL Pro & ASUS P4C800 : is it possible ?

mel

Hello,

I have installed one TWINX1024-3200XLPRO and I want to add 1 Gb more of the same module to have 2 Gb (4x512).

My motherboard is an ASUS P4C800 E Deluxe.

But I’m not sure that the space between two DIM are enough for install the module and ensure good heat dissipation because of the heat sink. I’have found some informations about the Xpert module but nothing for XMS XL Pro.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry for my poor english :roll:

Arrrghh… I’am sad to see that I should change the timing, because I’have choosed this memory for the aggressive timing of 2,2,2,5. If I had known that when I have built my computer last year I would have bought TWINX2048-3200C2PRO… for the same cost.

In another post I have read that part # and version # would need to match if I want to keep DDR 400. I’have found my version number (v1.1) but where can I read the part # ?

This purchase of another TWINX1024-3200XLPRO is a little big whim… at 240 € I think I will give up. :(:

Another last question my TWINX1024-3200XLPRO runs great at 200Mhz @ 2 2 2 5 @ 2.75 V But in memtest I’have always RAM 199 Mhz (DDR 398). I think it’s a simple problem of round-off. Do you have more information about this ?

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Archived