Corsair Community

Lights keep randomly turning themselves back on

Zoroth

Hey folks,

Hope someone can help because this is driving me bonkers. I just got a new K70 LUX RGB keyboard and while I love it to death and the colors are gorgeous, it refuses to stay shut off. Every time I use the dimming button to turn the lights off (either when I got to sleep or when I'm watching a movie or something) after somewhere between 15 and 60 minutes, they spontaneously turn themselves back on. I can't, for the life of me, figure out what could be happening. Maybe it's resetting the profile? Maybe it's just not "sticky"? Is there a way to change the defaults on a profile to save all the color options and yet be turned off, so at the very least the default setting that it randomly switches itself to is no lights? I wouldn't mind having to manually turn them off every time, but the alternative is hugely annoying.

For reference I'm using fully updated Windows 10 Professional and CUE 2.6.70.

Thanks

-Z

• Corsair Employee

Let me see if I understand you correctly. You set a lighting profile and you press the dimming key till it shuts off completely. Then at any given time from 15 minutes +, it will automatically turn itself back on?

This is the first time I have heard of this but if the above statement is correct, I can test it on my end to see if it behaves the same way.

I've noticed the symptom a few more times since then and may have more data. I think it's occurring when my PC locks itself (I don't have it set to go to hard sleep) and shuts the screen off. At some point after that, the lights were coming back on. I'm pretty sure it's because it's reverting to the onboard profile when the CUE isn't reachable, because it also changed colors at one point (I hadn't noticed that) before I learned how to save a profile to the board.

I tried last night setting the default profile on the keyboard to a no lights profile and just using CUE to override it when I log in, but I guess I'm just confused as to why the profile appears to be resetting itself to full blast in the firs tplace. Is there any way to set up a profile as the default to have all the lights settings but default to fully dimmed (and manually turn the lights on)? That at least would give me an option even if the profile-resetting is unavoidable.

• Corsair Employee

when your computer locks, CUE is not in use so it will revert back to the red/ white color. Yes you can set a static color and save it to the hardware.

The same thing happens to my keyboard here. I dim it to the point where the led shuts off, but as soon as i lock the computer, the lighting comes back on. Let me check with our team to see if there are any other solution.

when your computer locks, CUE is not in use so it will revert back to the red/ white color. Yes you can set a static color and save it to the hardware.

The same thing happens to my keyboard here. I dim it to the point where the led shuts off, but as soon as i lock the computer, the lighting comes back on. Let me check with our team to see if there are any other solution.

Hmm: So if I save the dark profile to the keyboard, set CUE to have the lighting I want, that'll solve it? I mean, that's a perfectly civilized solution, as long as it keeps my keyboard from going all fireworks display while I'm trying to sleep. Weird that the lighting switch can't remember "hey I shut your lights off, maybe I should stay dark" but I guess not a disaster.

It sounds like the dimmer button is communicating to CUE, not setting a setting on the board. Probably a bad design choice if that's the case.

Archived