Corsair Community

Sabre RGB; cannot correctly bind CTRL to any buttons

GObonzo

Am trying to bind the CTRL key to a side button of my Sabre RGB mouse.

When using the Actions Editor the "keystroke" option does not recognize CTRL as a single command, only when paired with another key.

Tried creating a "macro" of the CTRL key but the response is sporadic. Also tried "while pressed", "repeat" at 1ms, and other options.

Sometimes it will act as though the key is being held down for a very short time, other times it will be intermittent presses. No matter which option i use I get the same response.

How can I make my front side button just a regular key press of the left CTRL key with the ability to hold down the button and get my regular CTRL key usage?

Create a macro that ONLY presses the CTRL button, then create a second macro that ONLY releases the CTRL button and assign it to the first macro using the second macro option on the right of the window (use the option run second macro when the button is released). That should do what you need.

Create a macro that ONLY presses the CTRL button, then create a second macro that ONLY releases the CTRL button and assign it to the first macro using the second macro option on the right of the window (use the option run second macro when the button is released). That should do what you need.

that seems pretty stupid to have to assign 2x macros for a simple key press action.

especially when my M95 and it's older Corsair software can be setup by just choosing keystroke: L CTRL.

Wait, what do you want to do exactly?

I thought you wanted to keep the button pressed on your mouse and use some other key together with it on the keyboard or something. Did you just want to press make the button act like CTRL press/release right away instead? I'm confused now.

Wait, what do you want to do exactly?
as i originally stated: "Am trying to bind the CTRL key to a side button of my Sabre RGB mouse"

not a quick press/release. an actual keyboard CTRL key, but bound to the mouse. whether for single press or holding it down for constant CTRL functions like copying/cutting multiple files in Explorer.

am using this same function with my M95 and with my Logitech G600. very easy to setup with their corresponding softwares. this option is not available though with Corsair Utility Engine.

as also stated earlier, "When using the Actions Editor the "keystroke" option does not recognize CTRL as a single command, only when paired with another key."

Archived