Corsair Community

Replacement keys for K70

Ipyf

ill keep this short and spare you the details. I damaged quite a few caps on my 4 week old K70. Entirely my fault. I figured this wouldn't be a big deal because surely Corsair could sell me a new set. As I'm sure many of you know they won't. I won't bother to point out how unhelpful that is. It's apparent.

To add insult to injury after some googling I discover the k70 has a nonstandard layout and is very hard to get 3rd party keys for. I won't bother to point out how offensive it is that Corsair has made a non standard part for an expensive keyboard that they then won't sell. It's apparent. I just want to avoid having to throw a brand new keyboard into the bin.

Has anyone found caps that will fit the K70 properly? Can anyone offer any further advice?

The K70 uses standard MX keycaps and its not that hard to find replacement keycaps, some companies do sell individual or full sets, such as this

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/104-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html

Not sure if this violates the rules of posting a competitor, but since corsair doesn't exactly sell keycap sets such as this one, I think it's fine, still i'm not sure.

Sorry I'm on mobile right now and finding links is a pest.

I found several reddit threads that indicated the bottom row has nonstandard spacing.

I would gladly buy a new 3rd party set but I'm not going to fork out unless its guaranteed to fit. Im in Australia so anything I buy will have to be shipped in probably at considerable expense. I cannot afford to get it wrong.

• 3 years later...

Archived