Corsair Community

Auto disconnect and reconnecting issues

itainted

Recently i'm facing problems with my K70 RGB keyboard that disconnects and reconnects most of the time or after several intervals. Tried installing older versions of Corsair Utility Engine, switch around with the bios button at the back of the keyboard, replugged USB ports to different ones and none of it solves the problem.

It is still happening as I type this message now.

Please advise on how to solve and if possible please do so step by step, really love this keyboard and want it to be working fine again.

Thanks!!

You'll want to make sure your USB chipset drivers, Windows, BIOS etc is up to date.

Your motherboard has two third party USB chipsets, Plug the keyboard into the Intel port (USB 2.0) and see whether that resolves your issue. Note: You may need to connect the USB passthrough cable as well.

• Intel Z87 Express Chipset

- 4x USB 3.0 ports (available through the internal USB connectors)

- 6x USB 2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors**)

• ASMedia ASM1074 Chipset

- 4 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel

• Renesas uPD720202 Chipset

- 2 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel

* internal JUSB1 connector supports MSI Super Charger

Source: MSI

You'll want to make sure your USB chipset drivers, Windows, BIOS etc is up to date.

Your motherboard has two third party USB chipsets, Plug the keyboard into the Intel port (USB 2.0) and see whether that resolves your issue. Note: You may need to connect the USB passthrough cable as well.

Source: MSI

Just checked and ensured everything is up to date, it's kinda weird actually cause i have been using this keyboard for close to a year using the same port. Only just recently this issue is happening.

Tried to put into the USB 2.0 port and problem still not resolved. Still auto disconnects and reconnects to the PC. By any chance is the keyboard starting to wear down in longevity?

If the keyboard has worked fine for a year and only started developing faults, It could be the USB cable. Can you try the keyboard on another computer?

If the keyboard is still in warranty (Two years), Request an RMA to replace it.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Apparently i checked my receipt and the warranty only stated 1 year T.T

If i wish to send it back to get it fixed, do you by any chance know the cost of what needs to be paid to get it fixed?

Archived