Corsair Community

GPU fans not active at start up

Chicochaco

Hi, so I reinstalled Corsair link and everything is working great again except for one thing.

I have EVGA GTX 980 SC's and Precision X installed and when I start my PC the fans for the GPU's are not spinning at all.

Then if I go to Precision X and reapply a fan speed setting and they start working normally.

When I had the current ver Link installed a week ago I did not have this problem but I had to reinstall Windows 8.1 and now I have this problem...

Any ideas what might be causing the issue and why its acting differently from last time?

Hi, so I reinstalled Corsair link and everything is working great again except for one thing.

I have EVGA GTX 980 SC's and Precision X installed and when I start my PC the fans for the GPU's are not spinning at all.

Then if I go to Precision X and reapply a fan speed setting and they start working normally.

When I had the current ver Link installed a week ago I did not have this problem but I had to reinstall Windows 8.1 and now I have this problem...

Any ideas what might be causing the issue and why its acting differently from last time?

What you are describing is unrelated to link. by default your GPU fans will not spin when the GPU is cool / idle. I have a Asus strix 980 and it does the same thing. I'm guessing that precision x is forcing the fans to start, which is why the fan only starts when you start that application, either manually or after reboot.

• 1 month later...

Archived