Corsair Community

K70 is Now Available at Corsair Webstore

RAM GUY

• Corsair Employee

As some of you have already been aware, our webstore at corsair.com are now taking orders and shipping out K70's.

Link: http://www.corsair.com/en/gaming-peripherals/gaming-keyboards.html (It is also available on our website under the different regions).

To help with some confusion, I have made below what the different Layouts are so you can order the correct one for your region:

NA = English (US/Canada)

UK = English (UK)

DE = German

FR = French

ND = Nordic

There are actual physical differences between these keyboards so please be sure you are ordering the version you want. If there are any questions regarding your order, please contact our customer service for assistance.

I hope everyone enjoys their K70's. I know I have been. :):

• Corsair Employee

We call it Reactive Typing and yes, you can enable it. Its where the key will light up when pressed on, and will go off a second after you release the key.

There is also customization where you can choose which key can stay on or off in any pattern you like.

We call it Reactive Typing and yes, you can enable it. Its where the key will light up when pressed on, and will go off a second after you release the key.

There is also customization where you can choose which key can stay on or off in any pattern you like.

Now how do you enable that?

And also, what does the bios button on the back of the keyboard do?

I'm in metropolitan Australia and postage quote was a real killer - got quoted $60-70 for one K70 keyboard. Will have to pass up.

I'm in the same boat. I'll be getting one for sure, they look amazing, just gonna have to wait and see what Aussie retailers decide to price them at. Currently, Scorptec is selling K60's at $129

• Corsair Employee
Wanted to order the silver version of the keyboard with the nordic layout, but the site here says it is out of stock already.

When will you get new shipments ready?

I don't believe the silver is out of stock from being sold out, its out of stock because most of the inventory for that comes a little later after the black version. I'd keep checking throughout the week.

I just got my K70 today as well, and there's no manual in the box.

Everything else seems to be working fine though, I'd just like to know what the switches do and how to change the various lighting modes. The Quick Start Guide is very light on the details.

I just got my K70 today as well, and there's no manual in the box.

Everything else seems to be working fine though, I'd just like to know what the switches do and how to change the various lighting modes. The Quick Start Guide is very light on the details.

I found out via youtube that you can turn on reactive typing by holding down the right control key and also the backlight toggle button.

The problem with reactive typing is that it does not stay enabled after a shutdown. Firmware fix?

As for the bios control, I have no idea what it does.

Thanks for the reactive typing bit. It's not mentioned in the manual at all. Unless there's another manual in the box besides the quickstart guide.

My keyboard came with the quickstart guide, a little warranty guide for Australian consumers and a bigger warranty guide.

I'm especially interested in the bios switch. The scroll lock indicator blinks when the bios switch at position 4 and every time I toggle the switch windows redetects the keyboard. And it doesn't seem to 'remember' any settings. Oh well.

• Corsair Employee
The BIOS switch changes the enumeration of the keyboard so it gets detected in legacy BIOS that may not be able to use a 16-bit keyboard. We implemented this as a feature because of how some systems can't detect the K60/K90 until Windows boots up.

I have found how to program your own light patterns. If you hold down the key that selects between all lights on and the pattern lights for 3 seconds you can push the keys to program your own. I have not found how to enable reactive typing.

I have found how to program your own light patterns. If you hold down the key that selects between all lights on and the pattern lights for 3 seconds you can push the keys to program your own. I have not found how to enable reactive typing.

Just hold down right CTRL and the backlight "programming" button (the left button, not the right).

I don't suppose that anyone can tell me where the software for this can be found? Mine came with a quick start guide and a warrenty card and nothing else (which is pretty standard for corsair hardware in my experience: the hard ware is great, but the website is mediocre and the required software is hidden or unavailable; I had this problem with the M60, the k60, and the m90 and if i get the k95 I assume it will happen with that device as well.

Sad. (The vengeance software refuses to see my device)

• Corsair Employee
I don't suppose that anyone can tell me where the software for this can be found? Mine came with a quick start guide and a warrenty card and nothing else (which is pretty standard for corsair hardware in my experience: the hard ware is great, but the website is mediocre and the required software is hidden or unavailable; I had this problem with the M60, the k60, and the m90 and if i get the k95 I assume it will happen with that device as well.

Sad. (The vengeance software refuses to see my device)

The K70 has no software unless you're referring to a different device.

I got mine. I am in love. I've gone nuts over choosing a keyboard and settled on one of the more popular keyboards with Cherry MX blacks, but the blacks required just a little too much force and caused fatigue, not to mention that the keys pop off during gaming sessions on that one (NCIX Linus alludes to this in one of his reviews but doesn't mention which one... I know).

I had looked at the K60 and wished it was available in black and with all mechanical and Corsair did that and I hope they reap the sales for it.

So I have my keyboard. @Ram Guy There is a mention "You can use the software to program backlighting for each key independently". What software? I see you said it doesn't exist? I guess that was a marketing mistake?

It appears to be too early for the documentation and support to catch up, I can't find any mention of the reactive mode in my box. But hey I'm not complaining, I'd rather have the product in hand sans manual and software then wait for it.

I've submitted a ticket on the support site (before I saw your post), under K60 they don't have the K70 part numbers there yet. We'll see what they say.

• Corsair Employee
I'm hoping to get a FAQ out soon that will go into detail on how to program the keyboard. To do the custom key lighting though, you just hold the button next to the dimmer switch down until it flashes and you can turn on and off the LED per key. Once you're done, hold the button down again to save it.

Thanks, it's great to have such a responsive forum with responses from people in the know.

The little quickstart guide does mention the keylight programming sequence. I did that last night and it's magic. I didn't see any mention of the reactive mode, that's a gem I got from your post in this thread. It could be there, I just didn't notice it.

This is my MWO online layout... Which would be why I thought there might be software because storing different layouts for different games would be handy but then those marketing guys confused me...

Customizable to your style of play.

The all-important WASD and 1-6 keys are contoured and textured, so you can find them fast, and enjoy fast gaming action with less chance of your fingers missing their mark. You can use the software to program backlighting for each key independently, so you can set up custom-lit key bindings for each game you play. And, once you’ve tweaked it to your tastes, the onboard memory lets you take your settings with you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/low351/mwolayout_zps18280d96.png

Archived