Corsair Community

0.2 firmware?

wqvong

Please post a a screen shot from Crystal Disk Info but most likely it was just entered wrong at the factory also post a pic of the label off of the drive please.

Here is a picture of Crystal Disk Information:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/wqvong/images/Untitled.jpg

Still, they aren't that much older compare to each other. They should still have the same firmware.

There was a batch of pre-release F100's that had a very old firmware version before the low power state was disabled. I don't know if the F100 ever made it to the market with this firmware or not. It's possible that it has, or, you ended up with a pre-release drive.

How would I get the latest firmware? It will be horrible if they are selling drives that were experimental

Can you answer my question as to where you got it? A reseller? eBay?

You should just wait for the response of an official Corsair rep before you assume anything. Don't take my word for it.

You can contact yellowbeard if you want to "try" the 1.1a firmware..but it has a lot of problems right now. If I were you I would just wait until the next version is released in late sept/early oct like everybody else and grab that version.

Are you having any problems with 0.2? Your drive looks like it's in pretty good condition right now. If you're not having any problems, definitely just keep it with 0.2, since 1.0 and 1.1 and 1.1a have a lot of problems! :[pouts:

Can you answer my question as to where you got it? A reseller? eBay?

You should just wait for the response of an official Corsair rep before you assume anything. Don't take my word for it.

You can contact yellowbeard if you want to "try" the 1.1a firmware..but it has a lot of problems right now. If I were you I would just wait until the next version is released in late sept/early oct like everybody else and grab that version.

Are you having any problems with 0.2? Your drive looks like it's in pretty good condition right now. If you're not having any problems, definitely just keep it with 0.2, since 1.0 and 1.1 and 1.1a have a lot of problems! :[pouts:

I got it from tigerdirect.com

Back around March. So thats probably I am getting below average performance level. Is there anyway I can a updated firmware?

If anything the pre-release firmware was faster than the updated firmware.

As I said you can get the 1.1a release by PMing yellowbeard. There are currently no public released firmware updates for the Force drive. 1.1a still has a lot of problems so if I were you I would check back in a couple weeks for the next major release, which will be publicly downloadable.

PS thanks to the mod for splitting this topic.

I'm not sure why this site would make it up if they did but it says it here:

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=531&Itemid=60&limit=1&limitstart=5

(3.0.1 Release Candidate): Corsair Force (Firmware Revision 0.2)

It kinda makes sense since I believe the F100 and F200 are the oldest Force drives and the fact that we all have 1.0 or 1.1 in the newer drives. I haven't seen enough F100s on these forums to know if this guy is the only one with 0.2. Maybe you or a Corsair employee would know if there are more F100s out there with 0.2.

BTW this guy just PMed me, he is indeed getting the same sleep/BSOD bug as everyone else, so it doesn't really make a difference.

Depends on how they got the drive. Never got into production is what they said, but I know some of the Anandtech articles had a drive w/ the 3.0.1 firmware on it, but it was a pre-production drive I believe.

I thought they were preview drives as well for benchmarking/reviews, but I don't know how this guy got one if he bought it from Tiger. Possibly just bad luck.

Archived