Corsair Community

Corsair Invidually Sleeved Cables

willowen100

I have a compatibility issue between my TX750M PSU and my new Graphite Series 760T case, and this due to the SATA connections not fitting inside the case whilst daisy chaining the HDDs together. I was thinking of moving to an entirely modular PSU such as the AX860i and then getting the individually sleeved cables hoping they will flex more to daisy chain the HDDs close together inside my case, so that I can put the side door back on.

Does anyone have the 760T case? If so what PSU + cables are you using with it?

Does anyone have the individually sleeved cables? If so do they flex well, are they adequate to daisy chain HDDS together without sticking out the side of the case?

Any help appreciated

Will

• Corsair Employee

I don't think I do. But we use them for all of our show builds. Including our Link demo which is in a 760T.

Just Google "Corsair individually sleeved cables" and go to images.

If I have a chance, I'll take a picture of that build.

I have the 860i but in a different case , if you Google around your find there are replacement cables made that are very flexible and don't have the ugly heat shrink at the ends which the Corsairs have :D:

I have the 860i but in a different case , if you Google around your find there are replacement cables made that are very flexible and don't have the ugly heat shrink at the ends which the Corsairs have :D:

But then again, if you also sleeve the cables from the fans and other cables in side the case your self, like the sata cables , you get a mismatch on cables, some with heat-shrink and other with out. For a clean look, you always avoid different cables,fans, radiators, colour of screws and so on. But I know which brand you mean, it came on the market last year;):. TTL did a nice review about it. I like the black/red from them, but I am happy with the original sleeved cables of Corsair:D:, they can make nice bends and the heat shrink is from good Quality.Some like cables with heat shrink, some don't. You always have to see that it stay clean and simple as possible. For the price, the 2 brands are the same with there sleeved cable kit.

But then again, if you also sleeve the cables from the fans and other cables in side the case your self, like the sata cables , you get a mismatch on cables, some with heat-shrink and other with out. For a clean look, you always avoid different cables,fans, radiators, colour of screws and so on. But I know which brand you mean, it came on the market last year;):. TTL did a nice review about it. I like the black/red from them, but I am happy with the original sleeved cables of Corsair:D:, they can make nice bends and the heat shrink is from good Quality.Some like cables with heat shrink, some don't. You always have to see that it stay clean and simple as possible. For the price, the 2 brands are the same with there sleeved cable kit.

Yeah I fall into the don't like heat-shrink camp :biggrin: , you'll be glad to know that the other company are just about to launch matching sata cables in same colour options as their PSU kits ( mine is just a run of the mill red / black setup ) , couple that with new colour window options coming for the 240x and I'm getting close to finish .

Archived