Corsair Community

Corsair 730t. Sidepanel is making a buzzing sound.

RasmusKN

Hey guys.

I recently got a weird problem with my 730t, which I haven't had before. The sidepanel makes a annoying buzzing sound from time to time. Most of the time the case is silent, but sometimes the sidepanel make a very loud buzzing sounds, which I can decrease or eliminate completely by gently pressing on the panel. However, it will eventuelly start buzzing again. Also, if I apply pressure to other parts of the case, the buzzing will become worse or start entirely, if it wasn't already making the sound.

I have looked into it, at it seems that the problem is cause by vibrations made by my HDD in one of the drive cages. I have tried to move it to another drive cage in the case, which is placed more in the middle of the case, but it have only helped a little bit

Have you had a similar problem as well with your cases, and if so, do you have any good ideas or suggestions to how to fix it?

You could try mounting the drive cage below the optical drive bay and see if that helps or consider loosening the drive cages a bit so you can slip a few pieces of folded paper or rubber to act as anti-vibration pads.

Archived