Corsair Community

HS60 | background static any sound plays

Nevilsico Shard

Hello, I am having a problem with my HS60 headphones. I have been using them for around a month or so. I wanted to try surround sound recently and I downloaded ICUE. Through tests, I found out that after I installed ICUE, in most games if any sound was played there, it would play the normal sound for whatever action BUT have static in background always. Main game I tested on was Minecraft walking on wood planks; static played when I walked on it, stopped moving (no other sound played during this time). I disabled surround for stereo and found out the problem was more or less the same. I uninstalled ICUE and the sound has no background static. So from all this I'm quite sure it's the software with my headphones. Extra details: I am using the USB adapter in USB port (duh) to use mic and headphone audio.

TL;DR: With ICUE download, either surround or stereo, any sounds played as background static in most games. Corsair HS60 headphones.

• 9 months later...

I was able to remove the static. I had my USB dongle plugged into an external USB 3.0 hub that had 5 other peripherals attached, and is externally powered. I moved the dongle to a USB Port on the back of the motherboard and the static went away completely.

This was likely device interference.