Corsair Community

h100 new design?

craig26

Hi guys I recently purchased a new desktop with a h100, I did not recognise the unit as it had thick smooth pipes and there wasn't a fan control switch on it, it looks like a h100i but has no usb connections

I have been told it's a new design h100 that has no fan control! Is this correct.? How can they redesign a unit that is so different? Why not rename it? Is there any way to control it?

Ok thanks guys

My photo exceeds the limit, it looks like a h100i But there are no lights it's a silver badge no usb control link. It even has a dual fan rad with thick pipes, I cant even find it on the corsair website!

H100i doesn't have a fan control dial it's controlled through corsair link software. That is an h100i in your picture Btw. H100i does not have fan connector only 2 slots on top of the pump unit that included adapters plug into and the other end is 2 fan hookups. Just check this out you'll see what i mean.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2013/february/how-to-install-the-hydro-series-h100i-cpu-cooler

If noone else can come up with a definitive answer I could suggest someone has 'frankensteined' a double rad to a H60 pump. lol

I know, it ain't funny. But I'm at a loss.

*edit*

just read on overclockers.net that someone has actually done this succesfully. So don't rule it out.

(nice edit hooded, just noticed it slipped in :D)

@hooded: Post #12. Added the bit about the pic being a H100i, one minute after my next post. Thought you could slip it in eh? LoL. :p:

I was thinking about doing it myself at one point, but due to warranties I bought another cooler instead. After a google search I've seen some interesting ideas, including a H100i with an added EK CPU block on a dual-cpu server board. Very interesting to say the least.

Archived