Corsair Community

H100i Pro XT Linux

andy0x2a

Hi.

I know that linux is not officially supported, which is incredibly dissapointing. I dual boot both windows and ubuntu 19.10. my H100i pro XT works fine with windows, but I was curious if there is anything I can do with linux to control the fan curve.

I had heard about OpenCorsairLink, which hasn't been updated in months, and does not support the new h100i pro or platinums. It does not detect my AIO, and I doubt that the support will come any time soon as there are open PRs from decemeber that haven't been merged in yet.

So I have tried running windows in a VM, and runnine iCUE from there. That does work, but it seems like I need to keep the VM running, as the lighting changes I make don't persist after I make the changes and close the VM.

So my question is: is there a way to make the iCUE changes persist after a reboot/poweroff? as I want to be able to turn off the windows VM and keep the fan curve/lighting in linux.

Thanks, and please, please, please release linux support. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, CLI will do.

Your fan and pump settings will be automatically saved to the device after you set them in Windows/iCUE the first time -- as long as you use the native sensor value "H100i XT Temp" (coolant temperature) as the control source. The cooler can read that without the software active. The firmware will still trigger a full on blast response if critical thresholds are breached. This should be very manageable with no need to go in and change settings, unless you have one of those rooms that is 17C in the morning and 27C in the evening. Really large room temp swings can kind of muck up the hands off controls. The lighting also can be saved to the device and will persist through shutdown, reboot, etc.