Corsair Community

SSD Freezing after 6 mins

Rock Lee

I have a Corsair Force Series 60gb SSD, which came with my computer (almost a year ago), and now it has started acting up. I can turn on my computer, use it as i normally do. But then, after 6-10 minutes, the running programs freeze, then windows stops, and i will eventually get a blue screen.

I have tried installing the firmware 2.0, but it says no updates were found for my drive. Now i don't know what to do anymore... All help appreciated!

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee
When you do the Firmware update you cannot boot from the drive you are trying to update, and you need to right click on the application and run as an administrator. In addition it will have to be on a controller that is running in AHCI mode if any of these are not in place the update will not run or see the drive. You may want to try the drive in another system but if all that fails all we can offer is to RMA the drive back to us.

It's not that i cannot see the drive, it's just that when I press the "Download Firmware To The Selected Drive", it says that firmware for this drive was not found in package. And yes, i did run it as Admin, and AHCI is active.

Could be that it is already updated. I could send the drive to you, but i live in Norway, so i don't know if you ship here or not.

• Corsair Employee
What is the make and model of MB and what O.S. are you using and is it installed as second HDD on a system that is booting the O.S.. from another HDD and connected to a controller running in AHCI Mode? And when you ran the Firmware application did you right click on it and select RUN As Administrator?

• Corsair Employee
Then you cannot update the firmware if you are booting from that drive as I stated previously you will need to boot the system with another HDD or use another system as a Host. In addition there is a driver posted for the AMD SB the end of last year are you using that driver or the default driver Microsoft loads?

Archived