Corsair Community

New to RGB - Commander Pro with ML120, LL120 and LL140

Methedrine

Hey all,

New to these forums and new to RGB in general and I have a query because I've been searching all night and am not feeling confident I am finding answers to my scenario.

My build is:

Obsidian 450D - currently installed fans as per factory

h105i cooler - top mounted in case as an intake

rm750i PSU

Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 mobo

No OC at this time

So today I purchased the below:

2 pack of LL140 with Lightning Node Pro for front intake

1 x LL120 for rear exhaust

2 x single ML120 pro RGB for radiator

Commander Pro

Admittedly I came into this half prepared as I knew I was interested in the LL range for the lighting effects, and I knew that the ML fans would be a better choice for my radiator but when I reached my local store I learnt about the Commander Pro which I had entirely missed.

Sadly the owner wasn't particularly knowledgeable or helpful in making the best suggestions, and I've realised I am very lacking in the knowledge I need to set this up once I have started trying to find guides, watch videos, see others builds and trawling this forum though I did find Zotty's excellent guide and that helped to clarify a lot.

So what I need to know is if I have everything I need to set this up correctly, or is the fact that I have these two different models of fans and only one Lighting Node Pro going to cause me difficulties?

Do I need to get another Lighting Node Pro? Or do I have sufficient hardware in the NoPro and the RGB Fan LED Hub included in the two pack?

Happy with a link to a good guide that might cover this setup.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Ok so to get all this kit working I need to set up sort of like this:

Commander Pro - Lighting NoPro - RGB Fan LED Hub 1 - All LL fans?

Then add second hub off the NoPro to connect the ML fans?

And cheers man that post was what started to make it all make sense for me, nicely put together. Just need to make sure I'm on the right page.

Starting to be concerned I'm not going to fit all this additional hardware in my Obsidian 450D.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Ok so to get all this kit working I need to set up sort of like this:

Commander Pro - Lighting NoPro - RGB Fan LED Hub 1 - All LL fans?

Then add second hub off the NoPro to connect the ML fans?

And cheers man that post was what started to make it all make sense for me, nicely put together. Just need to make sure I'm on the right page.

Starting to be concerned I'm not going to fit all this additional hardware in my Obsidian 450D.

Spot on dude... and good luck on your quest!!

Thanks for the help guys.

I've been looking further and now I'm considering moving everything out of my 450D into the 500D RGB SE which will solve some other issues such as rad mount location, just means I'll need to resell the Commander Pro I already bought.

Digging a deeper hole, but the case seems to have a lot more room to play with, and looks pretty amazing with the RGB setups I have seen so this might be the route to take.

Archived