Corsair Community

H100i v2 Intel Mount w/ H100i PRO (2018 Model)

moldyspore

Hey all. So I recently had the pump kick the bucket in my H100i v2. While I will be seeing if I can get an RMA replacement (it's less than a year old) I figured since the newer model came out in the last year that I'd upgrade it and put the RMA one into another machine when I get it back.

So, I was just wondering if anyone knew if the Intel mounting bracket for the 115x socket from the v2 is compatible with and ok to use to mount the PRO RGB? Or do I need to prepare to completely disassemble my Mini ITX box to put in a new mount? From the pictures it looks like the block is still the same basic shape, but figured I'd see if anyone has any previous experience going from the v2 to the PRO RGB while reusing the mount from the v2.

Thanks in advance for the info!

If you mean the backplate ... that's the same for both coolers. You'll need to replace the standoffs tho. Replace them one at a time so that the backplate doesn't fall off.

Yup, backplate was definitely the word I was searching for when I was writing that post that eluded me :laughing:

Great info. Appreciate the info! The PRO RGB mounted in my 250D without an issue, with the cases lower bracket in place! I'll have to update the post I made about the 250D's compatibility with the H100i.

Thanks again,

Archived