Corsair Community

570x RGB Controller

Zanzaroni

Hello, I recently built a computer which I have running on my old PC case, with the last thing missing are some new fans and a proper case. I have ended up on the 570x, as it fits my budget (and also RGB needs). However I'm looking to buy another sp 120 fan for it to join my three existing ones. Foolishly, I didn't notice that my motherboard does not have an RGB header, so all of that lightning goodness has to be controlled through a seperate controller. My question is, can I connect that extra sp 120 fan on the existing controller or will I have to buy a new one as well. If someone could also tell me which type of RGB controller the case comes with (if the model can be bough seperately) it would also be useful. Thanks!

All of the Corsair RGB fans must be lighting powered through a SATA powered RGB Lighting Hub. You will get one automatically with the 570x and it can handle up to 6 fans of one type. A RGB header on the motherboard will not be of use for fans or likely for Corsair 5v LED strips either. There is one catch: you can only run one RGB fan type per RGB hub. This does not apply to size and you can mix and match 120/140mm fans, but you cannot mix SP-RGB with ML, HD, or LL types (at least not without unintended results). Also note you still need to run the fan power wire to a motherboard fan header or other fan controller.

The case will come with a physical remote control to change the fans. This may or may not be useful to you, but in the default state is the only way to change them. There are a lot more permutations available in the software control through the Link or iCUE apps. To interface with the software, you need either a Corsair Lighting Node Pro or a Commander Pro. The Lighting Node Pro will come with 4 strips and it replaces the remote control in the set-up, moving the controls to the desktop. The Commander Pro does all the same things (no LED strips), but also acts as a 6 port fan controller making software control of your fans possible from Link/iCUE instead of the BIOS. Either one of those may be appealing.

There is a lot more here.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

All of the Corsair RGB fans must be lighting powered through a SATA powered RGB Lighting Hub. You will get one automatically with the 570x and it can handle up to 6 fans of one type. A RGB header on the motherboard will not be of use for fans or likely for Corsair 5v LED strips either. There is one catch: you can only run one RGB fan type per RGB hub. This does not apply to size and you can mix and match 120/140mm fans, but you cannot mix SP-RGB with ML, HD, or LL types (at least not without unintended results). Also note you still need to run the fan power wire to a motherboard fan header or other fan controller.

The case will come with a physical remote control to change the fans. This may or may not be useful to you, but in the default state is the only way to change them. There are a lot more permutations available in the software control through the Link or iCUE apps. To interface with the software, you need either a Corsair Lighting Node Pro or a Commander Pro. The Lighting Node Pro will come with 4 strips and it replaces the remote control in the set-up, moving the controls to the desktop. The Commander Pro does all the same things (no LED strips), but also acts as a 6 port fan controller making software control of your fans possible from Link/iCUE instead of the BIOS. Either one of those may be appealing.

There is a lot more here.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Thanks a lot! It already has 3 Sp fans (120mm diameter if I'm not mistaken) and I was planning to buy a 4th of the same kind to mount as an exhaust fan, I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't need any extra hardware for its lighting to be synchronized with the three original ones, again thanks for the insight!

Archived